Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Perhaps some bugs but it is an improvement!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, I worked with 5.0 a full night without big problems! Only the last hour there was a kind of rumble in the sound.
I solved it by playing a track from my denon dns5000's while giving my pc a reboot! (dont know it is the software or something else)
After the restart it played nice trough the final hour!

Some things missing:

Like many other clubowners I have a fixed instalation with a widescreen monitor.
I miss the abbility to drag the playlist etc windows bigger to fit the screen, and to see more at once.
The monitor and resolution is big enough!
It would be even better (am I asking to much...) to have dockable pallets Like you see in todays software like the in Adobe.
This would give you the possibility to optimize the screen space to your likings or needs.

Question!:

I imported some playlists I worked on for weeks in Winamp, but once imported it is not correctly read by Virtual DJ.
In Winamp there are artist names, album names, etc. In VDJ there are only tracknames for the mainpart.
When I compare the to lists you find the same strange difference.

Can I solve this isue with a tool or a manner to save or import the files differently.

Thanks for your reactions! And appologies if this dutch clubowner made some mistakes typing in English....;)

Jay

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 11:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
salsajay wrote :
I worked with 5.0 a full night without big problems! Only the last hour there was a kind of rumble in the sound.

That will take some investigating to understand what is happening

salsajay wrote :
the abbility to drag the playlist etc windows bigger to fit the screen, and to see more at once.

What resolution are you running at? Have you looked at the available skins.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html

salsajay wrote :
o have dockable pallets Like you see in todays software like the in Adobe.
This would give you the possibility to optimize the screen space to your likings or needs.

A good idea. Currently the skinning engine doesn't support that ability. A consideration for future versions.

salsajay wrote :
I imported some playlists I worked on for weeks in Winamp, but once imported it is not correctly read by Virtual DJ.

WinAmp playlists work just fine with VirtualDJ and are not imported. They can be opened directly. The Key is that the track's filenames and storage path need to match. So if you are working on the lists at home with the files stored on you home machine in say C:MyMusicEarlyLounge then on the machine at the club the files need to be in the same location. Maybe you can explain more on how you build the playlists.

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 3:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)