Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ampersan (&) issues

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
I've noticed a problem with the (&) symbol in the iTunes file name creating garbled text in the imported playlist. Here is an example:

8-03 Easy-Paula Deanda & Bow Wow.mp3

05 White & Nerdy (Parody of _Ridin'_.mp3

Some of the songs in the play list will not play that have the apersan in the file name. There is also info missing in the info box too...confusing!--

g

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 6:04 am
I use ampersand extensively in my tagging, and have no problems with VDJ reading them.

I see you mentioned iTunes, and I've read another post where that person also mentioned iTunes. I am wondering now, if it is with iTunes tagging features that are causing the problems.

Try using MP3Tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/)

First completely remove all tags from an affected file;

Second, enter the data manually;

Third, re-launch VDJ and see if the now manually edited file is having the same problems.

It is imperative that you remove all of the tags from the file before manually creating your own, as this will remove any iTunes tags that may be causing the problem.

Steve.

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 4:21 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think about a Itunes conflict too.
We will investigate

Inviato Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 12:48 am
FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
djcel wrote :
I think about a Itunes conflict too.
We will investigate

It does have something to do with the "&" symbol but not sure what. some work some don't. Quick cure is to use "and" instead of "&" in iTunes and search in VDJ for corrected song and drop back in play list and it works.....it's a round about way.--g

Inviato Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 5:56 am
@ fotobro

Have you tried the method I mentioned above, to see if this eliminates the problem completely?

Inviato Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 5:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)