Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode & N.I. Audio8 DJ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

pjotreHome userMember since 2007
Hi everybody!

I just wanted to ask if anyone is using Timecode-Vinyl with Virtual DJ & the Audio8 soundcard from Native Instruments?

I guess it should be working fine, but if someone made some experiences, I'd be glad to know. The Audio8 drivers kinda suck, there's no software-mixer so for some applications the input-signal is too low. Could this be an issue with Virtual DJ too?

Thanx for your help!

Inviato Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 8:11 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have th NI sound card. I find the Input and Output levels are excellent.

Also I have used it with VirtualDJ and works flawlessly.

The sound card kicks ass. Dont diss the sound card :(

Also drivers work fine here... Which version you got 1.6.4 ?

To use the low latency settings you probably would need a machine to handle it.

Inviato Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 6:56 pm
Sounds good, because I just bought one. To replace my U46dj.

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 2:24 am
Makes the u46DJ look like a peice of....

Then again the u46 is a mid range card opposed to the NI which is supposed to be a high range card.

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 4:03 am
Hope so, got mine for $279.00. ;-)

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 4:11 am
the problem with the audio 8 drivers is, that you don't have a software-mixer. So if you use an application that can't control the volumen input => you're in trouble...

If you had used a RME soundcard before, you'd know what good drivers look like ;)

But I agree, I like the Audio8 too. Otherwise I'd still be using my RME RPM (which is still supposed to have better soundquality, but I think the Audio8 is good enough).

Also, N.I. made some statements concerning new drivers including a software-mixer.

I'm still not sure whether I should switch to VDJ5. Now that Traktor Scratch 1.1 is out, I'll keep testing for another wile and decide after. I should get a numark timecode-vinyl pretty soon so I can do some comparing between the two. I read in a German dj forum that the scratch sound is supposed to be much better in Traktor Scratch.

But then, VDJ5 is very appealing... I don't like Traktor too much. On the other hand: Another 250 EURs gone :(
...spent too much on that digital stuff already...

We'll see...

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 10:09 am
I use both aswell.

Both have strengths and weaknesses.

The hell did u get that sound card so cheap.

I paid 599$ including shipping to au :/ the whole package but

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 9:01 pm
I got TS for something around 370 EUR (crossgrade).

Those 250 EUR I was talking about: That's what I'd have to pay if I bought Virtual Dj5... Since I want to keep my Audio8, I can't just sell the Traktor Scratch software all by itself, so I would have to invest another 250 for Virtual DJ5...

hmmm....

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 5:17 pm
nmeursHome userMember since 2007
Hi Folks!

I have the Audio 8 DJ soundcard, together with the Traktor Scratch records. Now in VirtualDJ I can control the decks with my Traktor Scratch vinyl, only the tracks are playing at double speed! If I look in Timecode config, my speed is at 45 RPM so I think that is ok. Can this be because I use the Traktor Scratch vinyl? Or does anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers Nico

Inviato Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 4:09 pm
You answer the question yourself. In future the developer of vj would make a tool that you can use different Timecode vinyls.

Today only the VJ and Numark Timecode Vinyls work with VJ.

And it gives a pligin for Serato Scratch Timecode Vinyls, but it do not work to 100% today.

Inviato Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 7:57 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)