Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Most Bizzare

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey all,

Have been working with 5.0 live for the last few days....came up with some issues but saw the explanations on the forum....

however, i came across something way bizzare for which i can find no explanation (therefore i'm guessing it is simple...lol...)

when i was on 4.3, i played this one song.... moby's flower (gone in 60 seconds OST)..had not played it in a while so i thot, cool, lets play it..

people liked it so a few days later (still on 4.3) i played it again....

then about three days back i shifted to 5.0, and when i searched for the song it was not there.....hmmm...that's weird...but i said...eh..database issues, did not want to restart etc.. (it was my first day with 5)

then yesterday, i wanted to play another track that i had played on 4.3 but that was not there either....

so then i used nero scout and windows search to find the file....and it was not there.....

windows search said no file found and scout showed the file with the "shared drive" icon...you know, that hand thingy and would not play it....

now i know i did not delete it because i don't know where the file was, i just searched for it on 4.3 and played it...

so how come it played..??

and also had some db issues last night with 6 results for each song and five errors (Only one file would play)..

did the whole check, clean, fix thing...still the same...

and then files that i know are on my comp but will not show up in the search but then i go to the folder and then only will it play....

i know that there is some simple explanation for all this.....please help

cheers

DJ Rudra

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 6:39 am
djrakPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJ Rudra,

We are a digital dj system builder and have seen the same thing.
We think there is a problem with search in V5 that we have not been able to solve.
My own personal machines and all of my clients I have been in touch with have experienced the same thing.
I have been discussing this with one of the VDJ staff in another post in this forum but it is unresolved.
Our advice is to use V4.3 for your gigs until this is resolved since we think search is one of the most important features.

For everyone who wants to chime in, we have recursed, re-added folders, deleted folders and re-added them, FIXed, CHECKed, created Filter folders, tried all of the settings, read the manual and nothing has worked. We see the songs that can't be found are in our database XML files but they cannot be found. For all of our clients, we have gone back to V4.3 until we resolve this.

If anyone has a simple solution to this we would appreciate hearing it. VDJ tech staff, if there is some combination of settings that will make V5 search work as great as all previous versions, we would like to hear what they are and these should have been the default settings.

best,
todd at djrak

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:02 am
phew...

i thot i was going all blooey

thanks for the prompt response...

i know the staff will fix it..

cheers

DJ Rudra

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:06 am
djrakPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Me too!

Any one else who has this proiblem or thinks that search is working 100% please chime in so if this is a big problem the tch staff will take care of it or if it is a matter of settings that someone will post what thye are.

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:52 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Are you guys using Vista or XP?

I created a mix last night and although the tunes could be seen in Vista I could not see it in VDJ. Here's the rub though, this was using V3.4

Weird. Could be a Vista issue

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:17 am
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Dammit i thought this one just had to do with the new database format, since i mostly know where songs where i was going to the right directory and then finding them there... however and here i think lays a clue, in vdj 4 you would search on song file name and the vd database entry if i remember correctly, if i would search the same parameters in vdj5 i would sometimes not find the file, but if i would search differently i would...

Example (using this song because its short named, not because i like it.. heehe)

VDJ Database entry in 4.3
Moby - Go
File name
moby-go.mp3
vdj comment
sucks
ID3 tag comment and artist and song name not used in VDJ 4 but in 5...
this song is wack... theMoby ... Gosong

Now lets say i would find the song on Go in vdj 4, i can now only find it with the string wack or sucks... or with "themoby" or "gosong" Now this has to do with how you search (with or without the *, what field you scan during the search) and how you let the new database read the tags. Btw this is just an example, but try one of your song to find it on differnt strings... and i tend to find much more songs with 5 then i did with 4.3.. however i also noticed that sometimes it finds one song 6 times even when its only 2 times on my drive (one external, one internal hd)

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:41 am
PFD50 wrote :
Are you guys using Vista or XP?

XP for me..

@ Ruudboy,

hmm....that is an interesting point, but all the same, search by title/artist/filename should be enough...

and the whole clean check fix thing should theoretically solve all missing files, because like you, my search was spewing out six files when only one would actually play, the rest would say error..

and in your example, what if the comment field was empty...i don't really use comments...i have only the three fields to search right...

waiting for one of the elites to enlighten...lol

cheers

DJ Rudra

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 11:17 am
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yeah that error thing on 6 results when only one or two files are really there is weird... i did clean,fix.check many times but some remain... however i noticed that it happens when i move the files from one folder to another even more...and i dont want to rescan the whole data base (aka starting all over), especially because most of my music is hip hop and bpm scanner only gets like 80% right and of that 80% i 50% it doesn't catch the one the right way... for house or stuff i would not mind.... These problems however are small compared to my time code issue...

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 11:38 am
hehe..

heres what i figured...

the five files are actually from the previous locations of the file....i put something in a folder and then moved it and deleted the parent folder and now when i search, one of the file locations is that folder.....(and this moving etc was done before i even installed v5)

i renamed the db files as .bak and restarted vdj and nothing changed except that it WIPED out my entire BPMs..

now im screwed...

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 1:40 pm
muahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa.....

i fixed it i fixed i fixed it..

:)))

turns out that on startup vdj (great software) loads up the itunes (piece of shiite software) library..

if the itunes library is not cleaned (working on that) and has outdated info, it gets imported in vdj..

@techs:

please fix this if possible....

i had to delete my entire itunes library and then starup vdj..

now working like a charm, except the whole bpm erasure (any ideas why??)

cheers

DJ Rudra

IN YOUR FACE ITUNES!!!!!

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 3:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)