Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Moving from old computer to new one.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I’m looking for some help... I’m just about to upgrade my gigging computer. The old one is running VDJ4.3 and is running great. I have had to manually correct many of the BPMs, and I have entered all of my comments into the comment fields.

I’m assuming that when I purchase a new gigging computer, I’m going to be first putting all of my music on the hard drive, then installing 4.3, then 5.x

Is there a way that I can continue to use the already existing database (not too sure what one it is) to keep all of the hard work with the bpm’s and comments?? I know that on my existing computer all of my music is located on the D drive.... and will most likely be on the C drive on the new computer. Does a different drive location affect how the database can find and read the songs???

Any help, or tutorials on this topic would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks

Scottie

Inviato Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 3:28 am
Anyone?????? When I set up a new computer, can I just copy the xml files over to the new hard drive?? Im going to keep the music in the same directories.... as much as I can....

Any help.... Thanks.

Inviato Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 6:38 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
scottie - look at the updates - guide - http://www.virtualdj.com/support/VDJ5-UserGuide_for_Updates.pdf
And yes Install 4.3 copy your VirtualDJ Database (username).xml file to your Program Files\\VirtualDJ Folder

Launch and make sure everything is working fine. Make any folder structure/file location changes at this point. And make sure things are working after the changes.

Install V5

Inviato Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 7:11 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
deejay scottie wrote :
I’m looking for some help... I’m just about to upgrade my gigging computer. The old one is running VDJ4.3 and is running great. I have had to manually correct many of the BPMs, and I have entered all of my comments into the comment fields.

I’m assuming that when I purchase a new gigging computer, I’m going to be first putting all of my music on the hard drive, then installing 4.3, then 5.x

Is there a way that I can continue to use the already existing database (not too sure what one it is) to keep all of the hard work with the bpm’s and comments?? I know that on my existing computer all of my music is located on the D drive.... and will most likely be on the C drive on the new computer. Does a different drive location affect how the database can find and read the songs???

Any help, or tutorials on this topic would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks

Scottie

Your music needs to be on the same drive letter as the one you are copying it from.(That is once you hook up to new system) Otherwise the database won't be able to read it .
AS long as you are going to install ver 4 on the new system, you can check the drive to see if it reads the database prior to installing ver 5.
Once ver sion 4 is on the new sys and reading database , then you can install ver 5 and should be good to go.
My music was on a shuttle drive E: When I hooked up the external to copy, it read as G:. That's os. Now after the music was copied I hooked up the drive to the new sys and the external read drive E: so everything was good for me. In your case you may have to re name the drive.
Hope this helps you.

Inviato Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 7:13 pm
very hepful... thank you very much!

Inviato Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 11:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)