Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Master Slave & Using 4 Desks

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi

Anyone know how to set which pitch is the master slave to follow for the other 3 decks by clicking their sync-button?

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:22 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hold on, another 3 decks?

Are you using multi-instance, and which version of VDJ are you using?

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:40 pm
I'm just testing the trial of Virtual DJ 5.0 and read somewhere that 4 decks can be created by just opening VDJ twice. Therefore you should have 2 screens or 1 large screen to make it all fit. In the past I believe there was a free, simple and small Multi-Instance Skin which could be opened twice so both Skins would fit in one screen. Seems like the option has nothing to do with the version of VDJ. I don't know how many decks can be created like that.

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 10:33 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It depends on the skins and screen capabilities. I remember there was a skin with eight decks... but without fancy controls...
Anyway, I think 4 can be enough...

Inviato Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:11 am
4 decks can be enough...only that was not the issue. But hey, any response is ok!

Inviato Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 1:11 am
I found my answer and will post it later on for those who are interested.

Thanks for the help.

Inviato Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 4:15 am
Setting the Master Slave when working with 4 decks (= 2 skins), thanks also to [Superstom] of the Dutch forum:

1- Start Virtual DJ twice
2- Go to Configuraion --> Network and select for both skins Local synchronization (multi-instance)
3- Done
4- NOTE: the deck which needs to be synced with a playing deck from the other skin should be playing. Otherwise the sync will be performed in it's own skin. (That's my experience. And sometimes the sync is missed by some frames and needs a little adjustment)

So in fact the deck that is playing is the Master Slave at that moment (it's not like setting a real Master Slave, but it works.)
Beatlock ON-OFF can also be used working with 1 or more skins. In that case moving the pitch of 1 deck will automaticly be followed by the other pitch(es). (But this one I have'nt tested yet.)

Inviato Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:21 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)