Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My new website..

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Yo yo,

took me a while to complete this new site.

tell me what you think,

any/all comments wanted.

the good, the bad,

any suggestions?

anything i should add?

anything i should remove?

anything to remove?

www.djshahar.com

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 6:11 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well lots of people will have different opinions.

I think from a design element needs to have choice of colour sheme and the site should stick to that sheme.

Also I think its too much clutter.

But thats just my opinion

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:28 pm
thanks for the feedback DJ Kice.

anyone else?

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:37 pm
I give you a lot of credit for designing your website. However, I agree with DJKice. The only section of your homepage that I would keep is the section with your picture and equipment between the speakers. The very top with your business name could be incorporated with the other section that I mentioned. You already have your name in that section, just add Mobile DJ Service under it and remove the name “Los Angeles" because it’s restated on the page. Everything else needs to be redone. Since you service Los Angeles County, you don’t need to list every city in the county. You also don’t need your picture to appear twice on the home page. There are too many other things that need to be changed for me to mention here. Therefore, I would recommend that you look at some other mobile DJ sites to get some ideas. If this is your first website, I would keep it simple.

OO

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:56 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Well you asked so here goes....this does not look to me like a sales tool. In your about me, you stated you always try to keep your cool. That gives the impression you tend to loose your temper. Also, buying equipment "just because" leaves the impression that you have no business plan, leaves the impression you might not have a plan for the event either. There is not one picture of your MC anywhere on the site, I bet he feels useless. What are you trying to accomplish with this site? Stroking your ego, or selling your service? It is also very difficult to read..... Personally I don't post my prices on my site, if a customer calls you looking for prices it gives you a chance to impress them and make a sale. Web sites cannot really show your strong points. Remember, especially with wedding customers, people don't care if you are going to beat match or not. They care about the presentation. I hope this didn't come across as me picking on you, that is not my intent. You asked for opinions, and these are mine.

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 8:07 pm
1> I see your mug 1 too many times in the same line of site ( if it was you in action thats one thing but its the same picture )

2> your second half of the site is wasted space. You already told me you handle the LA area. If I had any question regarding if you handle my city, I would contact you to see. The second half of your site should be used to tell me who you are and draw me in to check out the rest of the site. What makes you different / special / unique.. who are you. What do you specialize in..

I understand you do many and all events but what market are you going after. Because I don't know your market but your prices for your packages listed with items but what do I get for a 1000.00 package ( 2 ppl, speakers, lites, mic ). The guy down the street will give me the same thing for 500-600. Why is your prices higher / different.

Sale yourself and what you do. Since your not listed as a company. What makes Djing a passion for you. What can you do for my event besides show up on time and play music. You have all this eqp and lites and VIRTUALDJ. How is that a benifit. If you have any pictures post those. Because your a DJ - Show me the fun and passion of why your a DJ and how it will be of best interest to use you.

Just because your an individual doesn't mean you can't see yourself as a company... See yourself as a successful business man. What image would you like to represent you. If your business exploded world wide, is this the image you want people to see? colorscheme, whats said about you.

If 20 people see your site how many would call - Out of 50 people to see your site, 3-5 should contact you, 1 should be a sale. This factor changes based on your website, sales pitch on the phone / email

Remember: Website are for information to aid in the sale

SHOW ME THE FUN AND PASSION

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 8:17 pm
Thank you all for the help and support in building my website.

I've taken all notes and suggestions commented about it and did my best to put them into good use.

Pictures will be taken in upcoming events and will be posted shortly after.

so what do you think of my site now?

www.djshahar.com

agians, thank you all for commenting on it, the good and the bad.

Even if you think what you are saying is harsh, feel free. No offence is taken, not at all, when it comes to improving the business.

DJ Shahar

By the way: anyone who wants to create links please contact me.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 9:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)