Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crashing with Karaoke

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've been having some crashing problems with VDJ when it comes to using Sonique visualizations. Especially when using them (visualizations) during the 'instrumentals' when playing a karaoke file (MP3+G). Everything else is working great. I've been dealing with this since I first installed VDJ, about last January, 2007. I've had some respondence with others who are doing dance, karaoke, and the like and we felt we need to get input from other DJ's,KJ's,VJ's who are using VDJ to the limit....Videos, Dance mix, Karaoke (using visualizations during instrumentals) and MP3's using visualizations. Just want some input. Crashing problems? Everything going great, no crashes? Or maybe you're not using the visualizations during breaks, let us know what's happening. Like a lot of you, I think VDJ is a cool program and the DEV team has been doing a great job. Feedback makes their job easier and a better product for us. Anybody???

Inviato Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 8:55 am
I do all that, but you need to take a look at which files in the Sonique that are taxing your system and get rid of those that do. I have had to stop using some of them as they make my cpu usage jump up there. Now since the new i installed the sonique and still need to go back and get rid of those that cause problems.

What are your system specs?? Are you using a clean install of Windows??? this may help.

Inviato Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 8:59 am
he's right ....make a folder "high cpu viz " and put them in there and don't use 'til you have more ram and/or better graphics card

i use aorta and burn and that's it, and i don't put them on slideshow

i also make a lot of slideshow folders which is fun and those are unique to me ........

Inviato Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 3:37 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
discobrian24 wrote :
I do all that, but you need to take a look at which files in the Sonique that are taxing your system and get rid of those that do. I have had to stop using some of them as they make my cpu usage jump up there. Now since the new i installed the sonique and still need to go back and get rid of those that cause problems.

What are your system specs?? Are you using a clean install of Windows??? this may help.

Would you post which sonique effects you have found to be taxing on the system?

Thanks,
Chris

Inviato Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 3:50 pm
discobrian24 wrote :

Like I said, I've had this since January...my system specs are well above what I need (they've been posted here on the forums several times) and I use 2 Gig of mem with the page file set at over 3 M.
I've formatted my hard drives and did clean install of WIN XP and upgraded all the drivers including the BIOS. I have new memory sicks and I've done an all night memory test....ok. I have gone through all the Sonique visualizations and removed the ones that tax the CPU over 50%. Don't worry about me, I've done all I can. Chansin and I want to know about everyone else who's doing karaoke....and if you're not having problems doing this kinda thing or not. Tells us what's your system specs and your way of doing things i.e. how many nights, visuals or not with instrumentals, videos, MP3 with visuals, etc.

I do 3 - 4 five hour shows a week. In the past, I've averaged 1-2 crashes a week and maybe 1 freeze a month. Starting last night, I'm not going to use the visualizations with the karaoke instrumentals for 2 weeks and see if I suffer any more crashes.

Thanks everyone

Inviato Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 6:15 pm
chansin wrote :
discobrian24 wrote :

Thanks,
Chris

i havent seperated them yet.

Inviato Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 8:48 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
[quote=chansin][quote=discobrian24]I do all that, but you need to take a look at which files in the Sonique that are taxing your system and get rid of those that do. I have had to stop using some of them as they make my cpu usage jump up there. Now since the new i installed the sonique and still need to go back and get rid of those that cause problems.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

I taken the following Sonique visuals out of the rotation because they worked the CPU 50% or more:

ChaosWave, Funkflower, PwsVuMeter, and Thads.

Hope that helps.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 1:36 am
Chansin...how's it going running visuals with karaoke files? I had a crash and freeze this week without the visuals, so obviously I have a problem with my comp. After everything I've done, I've decided to replace the mobo. I know one of the mem slots has been bad since it was new. Even though I'm not using the slot, still might be something else wrong. Asus has a 3 year warranty on the board and I'm getting a new one. I will keep you informed. Goes to show that you can even have all new components or new comp and still have problems. Thanks for helping me out.

Ronnie B

Inviato Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 3:44 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)