Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM PROBLEM

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

piyoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Guys I have a BPM problem. It seems on version 5 the BPM does not stay steady. It keep on changing +/- 3, and it's very ennoying. There must be an option to lock it.

I'm not talking about locking the beat, but the BPM so that if it's for example 95.0 it stays 95.0 all the way not 97.3 this sec and 92.8 the next second.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 4:57 am
Are you using timecodes?

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 5:07 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are using timecode then you are seeing the inconsistency of your TT being able to hold it's pitch - flutter.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 7:53 am
Yes I do.

But that problem is kind of recent. I did not have it with the previous version. I'm pretty much sure it's not the TT's themselves. Could it be the vinyls that need to be changed? They are about one year old.

Also I observed many times while working on one deck, it suddenly change to the other deck, Usually this happen to me sometimes when I'm getting a song ready on channel 2 using the cue from the keyboard, and it suddenly switch to channel 1. But this happen after couple hours using vdj. At that point I have to be carefull not to mess up the song playing on channel 1. Could it be the related to the TT's as well?

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 5:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Which control mode are you using ? Absolute, Smart, Relative ?
When was the last time you calibrated the TCV to VDJ? Run the Auto-Config?
You may want to look at some posts in the PC Version Technical forum where some others have been talking similiar issues.
May want to change the Pitch Sensitivity setting in the TimeCode Config section - try 2000 ms

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 5:15 pm
I had the same thing with my VirtualDJ timecodes but the Numark ones were a steady 0%, although severely warped. The VirtualDJ vinyl had fluctuations of upto 0.3% which is similar to your problem. This is why I want to get Serato timecodes when the plugin is released, although I may give the Numark vinyl a second go since the shop I bought them from have refunded me.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 5:29 pm
Well I do calibrate and and auto config very often. They are part of my check up, usually before I start playing.
I have been using VDJ for years, and you can count how many times I had to come on the forum to report a problem.
Everything was running smouth, I mean really smouth, before I upgraded to 4.3. I thought they were gonna get resolved with the v5.
I'll take your advice and check out the technical forum.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 5:53 pm
I do think there is some sort of bug in VDJ that the dev team is missing. I wish I knew exactly how to make it happen because I had it happen to me with tccd. I reset to factory defaults and restarted the computer to fix mine. One thing I noticed is that when the pitch was fluttering when I'd hit the bend buttons on my player it would move the pitch all the way to the top or bottom, when normally it only moves to the first big line.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 7:08 pm
I am having the same problems with my gen2 timecoded vinyls using VirtualDJ 5.0.rev2. The pitch jumps between +3/-3 BPM as songs are playing. With version 4, the pitch would vary +.1/-.1 BPM at most.

Changing from "smart" mode to "relative" mode prevents the BPM meter from changing, but the speed is still off. Songs linked to the timecoded vinyls will not synchronize, even when the BPM's are identical. I changed pitch sensitivity to 2000ms, and that still hasn't helped any.

Inviato Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 9:12 am
"Clear Sound" is the problem! Disable "Clear Sound", set mode to "Smart", and "Pitch Sensitivity" to "2000". My songs sync up perfectly now; even better than they did in version 4!

Inviato Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 9:27 am
djirschPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

yes there is really a problem with the pitch and TCV in V5.0 and 5.0rel2. It happens to me also. I even have mentionned it in the PC Bug report.

So far the absolute mode seems to be the problem. I switched to smart and it seems better but I still have some doubt on its reliability.

Also I'm using single TCV mode and the auto-config doesn't recognize my TCV anymore. So I use VDJ 4.3 to do the auto config which give me a 100% signal and then I can use VDJ 5.

For the clear sound option, it doesn't seems to have any good or bad effect for me. I observed the same behavior with or without.

I hope dev team is looking into it!

For those who think it is a TT problem, it is not. I have an SL-1200 which is quite accurate and it is working fine in VDJ4.3

Inviato Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 8:03 pm
do this.

configure > sound setup > timecode config > then adjust the value of the "pitch sensitivity" The lower the value the more sensitive.

I like it set at about 800 otherwise there is a response delay that throws off my mix. But feel it out foryourself. I have a friend that uses herc. mk2 with timecodes and he has it set to 2500 and uses the knobs to adjust the pitch instead of the turntables fader. this makes for virtualy no flutter.

I kinda like a little flutter to make it feel more genuine.

also you might want to try cleaning your cart. connections. The signal may be distorted. I use alcohol and a q-tip.

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 11:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)