Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Quick Opinion On The Pioneer Mixer DJM-909....??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all

I am interested in purchasing the Pioneer DJM-909 Mixer so if any of u who have tried or own one can just share your experiences about it then that would be great...??? Thanks!

Peace!
DJ Naamnaam!

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 10:50 am
Personally i wouldn't buy it. It only has 2 channels and has way too many effects which you only need to use so often. You pay for the touchscreen, but in fact that's just a nice extra. I would just go for (if you're a pioneer fan) a DJM-600 or 800. If you want a world class mixtable: buy an Ecler Mac v70. Ecler is an underestimated brand, but really is top class.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 1:31 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have it and absolutely love it. The effects are outstanding with unlimited combinations. In my opinion being able to operate effects outside of VDJ is much easier and the outcome better. If you have interest in turntablism I think it would have to be rated as one, if not the, best mixer. The crossfader and upfader adjustment capabilities are outstanding. It does only have two channels so you need to be certain that is ok with your needs. It does have a separate Mic channel and both line and phono selections for each channel. For me it has never been a problem. I've had it over a year with no problems and lots of abuse.

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 5:03 pm
I love my DJM3000 One nice mixer

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 5:07 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i've have a good amount of experience with the 909. i don't think you can beat that durability. it's definitely a great mixer but i don't like being limited by two channels and also the top half of the mixer is a little too cluttered and close together. i like my mixer to be evenly spread out... the effects buttons etc. at times can become too small and a pain. it is definitely a great piece of hardware if you don't mind.

i would suggest looking at the 600 or 800 as well. i ended up buying the 800 and i can't see myself switching...ever lol

Inviato Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 8:55 pm
I have the 3000 too, and it is a great mixer, but the quality sound of the 900 it is much better. But I agree that it is limited to only 2 channels. If you are 100% sure that you will not need another channel in the future, dont lose time looking for other, but if you plan to expand your system in the future (like adding cd players, or DVD to your vdj system) save a little more and buy the djm 800, IT KICK A$$.

I personally dont like the djm-600 or 500, they have too much hiss for my taste and sounds like a mid-level mixer (compared with the 900 or 800).

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 12:09 am
Thanks for sharing guys so maybe I will check out the 800 and see since basically those 2 r pretty good coming from u all. Umm...but one thing do keep in mind is I mix Urban & some other music like house and dance so if you guys think of any other mixer that is any better then please tell me so I can check it out. Thanks everyone for the replies!

Peace!
DJ Naamnaam!

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 4:09 am
If your going to spend that kind of CASH on a mixer...Get a MIDI Mixer. I own the Pioneer DJM 800 and am VERY happy! Its a little more $$$ but its worth it.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:47 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you only need two channels and don't want to spend much cash, look at the DJM400, has crossfader curve adjust (scratching for urban, off or smoth for house), I think 7 effects with a wet/dry knob, very impressive for the price.

Inviato Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:15 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
the djm 400 is indeed a great mixer. a partner in my company has it. although it goes without saying... you'll want all the bells and whistles eventually. especially if u start going mobile dj- the versatility of a good mixer is a must.

my main gripe is it doesn't have anything but RCA outputs!

like charlie said, go for the 800. i couldn't be happier

Inviato Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 2:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)