Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is it Virtual DJ or something else?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, I've been using this program for the past year on a professional club enviorment but have to restart the program at least once during each performance.

I have a HP dv8000 by the way. My problem is that somewhere in the night when I select a file and try to double click or drag and drop to the turntable pane it will not work and I'll end up highlighting additional files becides the one I'm tring to play inadvertantly. If I quit the program it will do the same thing for files on my desktop. I have to restart the computer for it to stop.

Picture having 10 files viewed by "list" within a folder. If I were to try and double click the last file it will not play. If I move my mouse to a new file it will highlight all the files between the two. If I were to move the mouse back to the last file it will then deselect all the files but still not give me the option to open it.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 12:54 am
Sounds like something else. But I have no idea what. Is the mouse button getting stuck by any chance? Can you update the touchpad drivers? (if that's what you're using)

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:45 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It do look like mouse giving problems, the mouse driver corrupted etc or the setting not rite.. can u try with other mouse n see if this happens too..

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:00 am
Got to agree, gotta hate those sticky meeeses!!! LOL but seriously all it takes is 1 litte spill to kill the mouse. Or is this a touchpad issue???

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 10:44 am
discobrian24 wrote :
Got to agree, gotta hate those sticky meeeses!!! LOL but seriously all it takes is 1 litte spill to kill the mouse. Or is this a touchpad issue???

Ive been using a MX wireless Logitech mouse as opposed to the built in trackpad. It's such a random "crash" that I have a feeling is going to take some time to figure out whats causing this.

It could be a key combination I press on the laptop keyboard or even a shortcut in the software that has some strange use that I'm not familiar with.

Coud be the MX mouse or its software (which I've never installed). Logitechs drivers have a way of bloating and screwing up everything.

Worst case scenario, it's the trackpads drivers or lack thereof.

Dayum, if I ever get to the bottom of this I'll def let yall know =D

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 4:42 am
I would look into possibly an IRQ sharing issue, The usb may be sharing with the audio card and/or the video card. Try a simple mouse and not a wireless and see what happens.

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 6:10 am
Hello,
I believe this is a problem related to the laptop you are using, and is not related to virtual DJ.

What occurs is a defect in the hp laptops which consist in that sometimes the shift key is activated, even you don't press it. and keeps like that.
Thats why when you move the mouse, the files are selected (this happen when you keep pressed the shift key and move the mouse), also if you write something with Caps Lock key disabled it will write in upper case and viceversa (it will write lower case when you have caps lock enabled) this is also for the effect of keeping Shift pressed. (even it doesn't)

Something you can't do and I have checked it works is when this occurs press and keep pressed the 2 shift keys (left and right) and then press the caps lock key. don't ask me why , but it fix it. :)

Edgar

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 1:07 am
djefiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i have almost the same problem, but my HP laptop did not crash only VDJ freeze and the last song continue to play till the end but most of the buttons of VDJ not function (it was with ver 4.3 and ver 5)
if i can get to the config section and change the skin it solve the problem but if not i need to restart VDJ
so i believe that the problem come from my skin and the resolution of the screen......

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 2:31 am
edgarluevano wrote :
Hello,
I believe this is a problem related to the laptop you are using, and is not related to virtual DJ.

What occurs is a defect in the hp laptops which consist in that sometimes the shift key is activated, even you don't press it. and keeps like that.
Thats why when you move the mouse, the files are selected (this happen when you keep pressed the shift key and move the mouse), also if you write something with Caps Lock key disabled it will write in upper case and viceversa (it will write lower case when you have caps lock enabled) this is also for the effect of keeping Shift pressed. (even it doesn't)

Something you can't do and I have checked it works is when this occurs press and keep pressed the 2 shift keys (left and right) and then press the caps lock key. don't ask me why , but it fix it. :)

Edgar

Thanks for your in depth knowledge into this issue. I also read up on disabling the filer keys shortcut settings within "accessibility options" within control panels. I also updated my Synaptics Pointing Device driver and am pleased to announce the problem has not reoccurred!

Inviato Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 11:08 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)