Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: indecisive

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

davey73PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've been reading post's about different controllers for a few day's now. I'll start with a brief history about myself. Back in the late 80's to early 90's I got into DJing because of my love for music. My equipment: 2 Technics 1200's, Gemini 2 channel mixer, PV amp and Cerwing vega speakers. The type of music I mostly mixed was freestyle, which those of you that use to dj back then remember that style. Anyway, after going back and forth between the Hercules controller and the Numark total control I think I like the Numark total control better. Although, I don't see a pitch bend on the total control I am sure theres a way to control that. Right now I am currently mixing/remixing as a hobby, I really missed mixing, and now with digital djing it real easy to get back in to it, without buying countless records and buying lots of equipment. By the way, I sold all the equipment and records I owned years ago. I would like to eventually look into going with a timecode setup. I am having a hard time trying to figure out a good starting point as far as equipment goes. Something I can build up later.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 4:16 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi davey73

I was in a similar position to you 4-5 months ago, I been mixing with 1210's for the past 12 years and got a good collection of vinyl, from 90's house, drum and bass/ jungle, techno and even happy Hardcore.

I went to a private party and I was watching the DJ who was using his laptop, I thought that's cool. In between track's I spoke to him about " Digital mixing". He advice me to have a look at VDJ, so I googled it and came across it.

Now I'm not a expert but I would go for the Hercules, which I did, as it is a very good controller and a decent soundcard, all in one. The Total control is I believe just a controller ( I may be wrong ). If you wanted to go down the Timecoded route you would have to get a external soundcard if you went with the Total control. The hercules could handle the inputs and output's that you need.

I'm just at that stage now where I'm going to upgrade VDJ 5. ( when I get paid again ) and try and use my beloved 1210's with some timecode vinyl

I bet you wish you hadn't sold you deck's now.

Anyway that's my advice, good luck

Jimmy B

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 4:43 pm
If I went with the hercules controller will all I need to get is the timecoded vinyl or would I have to get the numark virtual vinyl package for $599?

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 4:54 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you do go the hercules (there will be no need for another soundcard) then you would have to order a pair of timecoded vinyls, also you would have to upgrade to VDJ 5 aswell. The home version, the one you and I have does not support the Timecoding side of things. But you would get a discount on the upgrade as you own A hercules console, The discount is worth about £40, here in the UK.

I don't know about the states, but if you went with the Hercules all together I think it would be a slightly cheaper route.

But it's your choice matey.

Jimmy b

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:12 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:13 pm
Virtual Vinyl is a complete package. If you bought that you would only need turntables/mixer/computer.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:24 pm
I would like to later in the future, go with either turntables, or cd players like the cdj's to have a more hands on feel similar to what I was used to. Does the software that comes with virtual vinyl, which is numark cue the same as the pro version of vdj? Assuming that it is seeing that it would have to support timecoded vinyl. Just want verification.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:24 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
davey73 wrote :
I would like to later in the future, go with either turntables, or cd players like the cdj's to have a more hands on feel similar to what I was used to. Does the software that comes with virtual vinyl, which is numark cue the same as the pro version of vdj? Assuming that it is seeing that it would have to support timecoded vinyl. Just want verification.

Yes, Numark CUE, VirtualVinyl, and VirtualDJ Pro are all the same software application. The CUE and VirtualVinyl are just product branding to the Numark name.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:52 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
davey73 wrote :

yes.. it the same product:) but i would suggest to u if u want to cut down ur cost, just upgrade to vdj pro n get a decent soundcard such as maya44 usb or u46dj etc..But then again Virtual vinyl comprise all the item, such as soundcard, 2 vinyl n 2 cd..n the program. Well it up to u..if u decided to go pro, u just need to buy the vinyl or use the numarks ones cos timecoded cd is free from this site:)

http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:59 pm
Thank you for all the info. What I am thinking is that I may go with the MK2 for know then later upgrade to pro version then get the timecoded vinyl or cd depending on which players I buy. It may cost a bit more I think this way but I want to make sure this is really what I want to do, not just a phase in my life. ;-)

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:22 pm
Actually it's a cost savings to buy the VirtualVinyl product.

$299 VirtualDJ Pro + Approx $150 - 200 for good soundcard + Approx $30 - 40 > VirtualVinyl $499 (All one package)

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:25 pm
The mk2 way is not bad at all:) well good luck..

Yeah in fact u save by buying the NVV alone as cstoll stated:)

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:25 pm
Confused.... VDJ upgrade $269 MK2 already has a soundcard built in. And can be used as a mixer.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:37 pm
davey73 wrote :
Confused.... VDJ upgrade $269 MK2 already has a soundcard built in. And can be used as a mixer.

but as an old school freestyle dj -- it's not what you think as a mixer. You will want a traditional 10" or 19" mixer if you plan on getting back into having the fun you had in the past.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:58 pm
yes it already a good souncard n yes too it a mixer n controller as well mates , no worry,... but if u want to have more better soundcard u just have to invest more in the future.. but no worry, me too is using the mk2 for its soundcard n controller part while i using timecoded n asio but i using a 3 channel external mixer n two turntables n two cd player. By merely using the mk2 u could also hook up the tt too or cd player n also use it as a mixer. In all, it just a matter of preferances.. n those were suggestion .. if u choose the mk2 , like i said above , it good too:) No need too confused:)

If i not wrong as u have the home edition, u could upgrade to pro now or if u decided to buy the mk2, again u entitled to buy pro at a discount..:) But if you do not need the mk2 or controller , u could just buy the NVV at better price.. hope i explain clearly:)

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:00 pm
The VV sound card also has a third output. Maybe something for you to think about. I like to be able to control my loops and samples, separately.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:10 pm
Third input.... I did not know that,good to know. I guess there is always ebay, if I change my mind later after getting the MK2 and using it for a while. And use that toward the VV. I just want something other than the keyboard and mouse to conrol with.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:30 pm
davey73 wrote :
Third input.... I did not know that,good to know. I guess there is always ebay, if I change my mind later after getting the MK2 and using it for a while. And use that toward the VV. I just want something other than the keyboard and mouse to conrol with.

No, I said third OUTPUT. It only has 2 stereo inputs.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:38 pm
oops,sorry.... I really meant to say output.

Inviato Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)