Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem with 4.x

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok, I have searched around for an answer to this problem but wasn't able to find any definitive answers. I know it's been discussed several times, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Basically, when in Automix mode, the audio skips ahead anywhere from 10-50 seconds as the next song is loaded. This problem doesn't happen with ever single song that's played, but more often than is acceptable. The same problem happens not only with my two mobile rigs and home computer--but also to other djs I know who also use VDJ.

Thanks in advance...

Inviato Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 9:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The Automix problem was fixed with the NEW Automix features in Version 5.

Inviato Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 9:47 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Double image, try to take a look at my blog on automix setting abt how u can change the cue point with v4xx.

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/spinnaJ/

cheers

PS.. Y dun u use the v5 new automix function.. its improved but only with single deck..:)

Inviato Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 9:47 pm
I am entirely happy with 4.3, so I have not yet switched over to 5.x. When I have some time after the New Year to familiarize myself with 5.x, I'll certainly make the switch at that time. Unfortunately, I'm way too busy to learn the ins and outs of 5.x right now.

So, my original question still stands. IS THERE A FIX TO THE AUTOMIX ISSUE?

spinnaJ--
I took a quick look at your blog. Is your solution only good for beatmatching? I only use AutoMix for background music at weddings, so I do not need to beatmatch. No matter what I do, it still skips that way I'm using it now. :(

Inviato Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 2:23 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The fix is the version 5 release. There is no one solution if you are experiencing the skipping issue to make changes and correct the problem.

Inviato Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 2:25 am
@Double image...

No it not only for beatmatching, u can make it werk as a window media player for ur backgrd music

and yes this issue is fixed in v5 as cstoll stated too:)

Inviato Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 8:50 am
spinnaJ--
I have to use Windows Media Player for background music if I want to stay with 4.3? What about people who have a Mac?

Inviato Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 4:58 pm
no what i meant is not use WMP but made it "werk as" WMP..just cue it at the start n the end, try follows my steps on this, it could be done:) btw what exactly u mean skipping, it is the skip into several seconds etc when automix from the previous track or the songs skipping after the automix (the transition) is over??

But hey, u have not try v5 yet?

Inviato Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 9:14 pm
if you use ver 5.0 i think you will be pleased ...... the automix is a single deck but it does work perfect ..... hopefully the next version will have the perfect double deck automix many of us would like ....... also there are many improvements in the search / idv3 tags

they are getting to where they are close to having the same feature set as Traktor

Inviato Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 9:17 pm
I have tried version 5, but have not had a chance to familiarize myself with it's new features. I only tried it out for a little while, but couldn't even figure out how to scan my HD! I skimmed over the new manual and found that it had something to do with VDJ finding all tracks by itself. Not sure about it yet tho...

Inviato Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 10:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)