Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Punch in?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I'm just starting out evaluating the trial version of Virtual DJ. I've read the complete manual and played around with the software, but I can't find out how to easily do "cut mixes" between two songs.

Assume deck 1 is playing, what I'd like is a keyboard shortcut that starts deck 2 at the position I've cued it to and instantly fades over to it (100%).

I suppose this is already available, but where/how?

Thanks in advance,

Henrik

Inviato Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 12:30 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you can either create a keyboard shortcut for this or you can program one into a skin

Inviato Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 4:58 am
Any idea of what the keyboard shortcut should look like??

/Henrik

Inviato Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 12:49 pm
you need to make a fader keyboard shortcut which is not momentary and has a high value. I think -255 value would move the fader very fast to the left and +255 would do the same to the right. You could also make a momentary slam to mix drum beats or as an int6ro to then salamming into the next song. Since I started using another well known software I just recreated its keyboard setup with VDJ. I have H as center fader and G as slow fade to the left and J slow fade to the right. THen you could have F as momentary to the left and K momentary to the right then have D as norman slam to the left and L as normal slam to theright.

I hav also moved all the sample to the bottom row of lettters since I usethe F keys and the number to control the decks

Inviato Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 5:00 pm
OK, but how to I make a shortcut that starts the deck at the same time as it fades to it?

There needs to be two actions involved in the shortcut, not only the fade action.

/Henrik

Inviato Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 5:11 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
If you want a shortcut to trigger several actions, you just need to create several shortcut items, all with the same key.
Order your actions in the shortcuts list in the right order you would like your actions to happen.

(and in order to set the crossfader to full right, one would only need to use the action "crossfader" with the value "4096" (without the "+" or "-"). But anyway you might prefere to use the action "level", with can act on the default or playing desk, so your shortcut will trigger the left or right desk depending on which is actually playing)

Inviato Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 7:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)