Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Continuous play from deck A to B

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

A simple feature to start playback of the other deck the instant the song ends on the other desk. This is mostly for when you run out of time while trying to presuade your client you should be able to have atleast one free drink and need a quick solution to simply play the next song on a mixed cd (most of my songs are in this format and i expect that others have found this manual seamless playing chalenging)

has anyone else ever had to do this?

where you let the song play on past the fade in of the upcoming song and its too late to mix in the one you originaly intended to use? this seems like a simple feature but i can find no way to do it using the shortcuts menu.

Inviato Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 3:35 am
This is a suggestion that has been made many times.
On one level of thinking it seems that some believe that since this software has been produced by DJ's for DJ's and is a mixing software for use in live performances, and therefore the DJ is always present to make the mix.

Apparently, the DJ's who think this way never have to wait in line at the bathroom, or the bar. Also, more and more states in America and around the world have made it illegal for anyone, even the DJ to have a smoke in the bars and clubs, so sometimes you have to sneak out the side door for a ciggarette. It'd be nice I think to have the opportunity to set up a few songs in the play list and set an outomix that will begin at the beginning and end at the end, with an pre set fade length. PLEASE!!!
I sort of see both sides of the argument, but I personally believe that sooner or later EVERY DJ has to leave the booth for a couple minutes, and needs this option.

PS: you should arrange in advance with your clients to have access at the bar :-)
Each of the bars & clubs I work at provide me with a complimentary tab. For private events, I tell the client that I will have a few beers. (I don't ask permission) LOL

Inviato Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 7:02 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
That's a great idea, the automix from mixed song to another. And I looked too, to try and find a shortcut but it seems impossible with virtual DJ. There could be a solution if you know exactly which songs will be mixed automatically and followed, set the fade time to 0 seconds and in the BPM menu, put the cues at the right place (begining and end) for the two tracks. Unfortunately, a DJ rarely knows what music we will be playing when he wants a beer or needs to cue up in the toilets.

Inviato Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 10:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)