Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crash on Recurse and Add to search DB

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Not sure whether it's this new setup (vista 64 bit) or bug. When I right click a folder and press either. The only program I've had crash issues with this 64 bit Vista are some 32 bit only debuggers.

recurse
Crash ID=0014ca84 (date=709292209, version=5.0 rev.2, build=502, thread=Main, dump=8f059aca, excode=c0000005 (8,14ca84))

or

add to search db
Crash ID=0014d2f8 (date=709292213, version=5.0 rev.2, build=502, thread=Main, dump=8f050ed3, excode=c0000005 (8,14d2f8))

it crashes. I doubt it's any access right issue as I tried this UAC disabled on admin account. There is no 3rd party software running either, only the Realtek and Intel control system tray software.

Another possible issue is that the VirtualDJ Database v5.xml seems to contain full paths to some songs like x:abcsong.mp3. It's only an issue if changing renaming or moving a folder invalidates the old cue points etc. Maybe it doesn't do that I haven't verified.

Inviato Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 9:17 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First I would start looking at your O/S of choice - Vista 64bit.

Second, your last statement in your post about the database can be answered in the manual.

Also, you might need to go to each of the Database files and make sure all users have permissions for full access to those XML files. This fixed other people's issues. Also, don't forget about the XML in the My Documents -> VirtualDJ folder.

Inviato Sun 30 Sep 07 @ 6:09 am
re: cstoll

First: I think we're all going to be used 64 bit OS eventually, good reason to fix I'd say. One (huge) benefit of being early adopter is that it'll be a while before malware attacks that target mainly 32 bit OS will run as well in 64 bit and the tighter driver control in the 64 bit Vista is another road block for pwnage. When there's so much sheeps still running older stuff it isn't as worthwhile to spend time figuring out attacks for minority systems (64 bit vista+NX for everything, Mac, Linux). This is the approach the security experts use themselves and you don't need to be one to do the same. All you need to do to get the benefit of this extra security is to get the programmers of your favorite programs to fix the couple bugs they have on these newer platforms.

Second: Alright I'll take a look at this

Also: I did mention I tried running as admin thus having full permissions to every file VDJ uses. I did also try renaming the XML (forcing creation of new one) to see if that'd help but it did not.

Inviato Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 8:47 pm

Inviato Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 2:15 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)