Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Vitural folders

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My question is , where are the virtual folders stored. I need to know this because i upgraded to 5.2 from 4.4 and my virtual folders don't show up. by the way the drive letter for my play lists don't show up either ( I have path included in the colums)
and one last thing , even last nights play list will mostly load in as error files , except for songs on th e C drive Thanks

Inviato Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 6:55 pm

5.2 ? 5.0 rev2 you mean ;)

Try reinstall as 5.0 should automatically import and set the Virtual Folder etc.
Before you reinstall, remove all VDJ5 XML databases, both in My Documents/VirtualDJ, and root of each drive.

At install, make sure all your drives are connected so that VDJ can build a good v5 database

Inviato Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 7:05 pm
Thanks, i did your sugesstion , still no virtual folders ( i have them included in th e browser with check mark )

please where are they stored , i just lost 11 monthes of hard work. Thanks

Inviato Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 7:31 pm

Try this fix guide from Apopsis

HOW TO MANUALLY CONVERT YOUR v4 DATABASE TO VERSION 5

the new database has different format, and it is splited across your drives.
Once vdj5 starts for the first time it copies/renames your 4.x database to its new location in your "documents and settings" --- "virtualdj" folder.
(more info in the manual for the updates)
Then you scan your drives and for every entry it found it copies the information from the master database to local databases and change it's format.

If you fail to success this the first time, let's do this by hand.

1. Be sure you have an untouched original v4 database (make another backup of it to be sure)
2. Delete every new database v5 created: The master db in my documents and every "local" database in the root of every drive you have.
3. Copy your v4 db to my documents-virtualdj folder and rename it as VirtualDJ Database v5.xml
4. Plug any drive that contain analyzed songs from your old database.
5. Run vdj5, and go to every folder or drive you have those files and right click ->add to search database.
This will do the conversion, create local databases if needed and update all paths.
Then your removable drives are hot plugable (is this the right word?) No need to scan every time. Paths retained automatically.

Good luck.

After you succeed the conversion and have all your info back, close vdj and make a backup of all your new databases.
Then you can use the database tools in options to clean/optimize the new databases.

Inviato Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 7:35 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)