Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ on Cable TV in the USA

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

cinfxPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Hi guys,
just to let you know that i just finish a gig as the musical director for the Hawaiian Tropic US final. All the show was edited on Vegas 8 and all the LIVE part were mixed on Virtual DJ on my MacBook Pro. We did 6 rehearsal and the Grande Finale and only once VDJ crashed. It was when i asked to lower the volume of a Sample and put a flanger 2 seconds later. I don't know why it happens.

Otherwise, i was really happy. I've been using VDJ for 2 years now and it was my first experience using it on a Mac. I am not a Mac fan but my PC laptop has been stolen 7 days before the event and a friend of mine lended me that computer. Thanks Romain!

SO guys, in March 2008, when you'll see the final of Miss Hawaiian Tropic 2007 on cable TV in the US, just remember that the music that you hear is mixed live with Virtual DJ.

Thanks again for such a nice program
Bravo for such a nice community

Can't wait to try 5.1 as i just purchased the M-Audio Xponent controller. Their Torq software is really unstable but the hardware is pretty cool...Please let me know when a beta with the mapping for that controller will be available. Midi Mapping is not complete right now

Best regards

Eric Nolin

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 1:31 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Very cool....must have been a tough gig, looking at pretty girls in skimpy bikinis. Gosh darn it, someone has to do it!

Seriously..congratulations....

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 1:34 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good stuff. I'm jealous of your gig :)

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 2:48 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
congratuations !!

my exponent arrives today so i will map it and send you the mapping :)

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 10:33 am
cinfxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can't wait to try it with the Xponent controller..And don't lose your time with Torq. It's a pretty nice software but it is really unstable and lacks a lot of features. I am maybe to often playing with VDJ, but there is some things i will never understand on that software. But...vector skin was a great idea so you can use the software with a nice and crisp look in every resolution.

BTW, the grande finale of this year may be in China or Dubai. Once again, i will mix with VDJ and will post pictures. Yes, i hear you..A few from me and VDJ and a lot from the girls.. :)

Best regards

Eric Nolin

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 11:51 am
cinfx wrote :

BTW, the grande finale of this year may be in China or Dubai. Once again, i will mix with VDJ and will post pictures. Yes, i hear you..A few from me and VDJ and a lot from the girls.. :)

Best regards

Eric Nolin

hehe... sounds great ;) looking forward to the pics ;)

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 5:13 pm
Awesome, the popularity of VirtualDJ is rising! Congratulations to you!

cinfx wrote :
We did 6 rehearsal and the Grande Finale and only once VDJ crashed. It was when i asked to lower the volume of a Sample and put a flanger 2 seconds later. I don't know why it happens.

Did it crash while you were performing live? VirtualDJ crashed by doing only that? I need to test that. Does it happen every time?

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 5:35 pm
i'm assuming you were using bootcamp on your mac, right? or were you actually using the mac version?

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 6:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)