Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules MK2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just purchased the Hercules MK2 console and everytime i load virtual dj i get this distortion in the sound. The music pops frequently and i thought it was my laptop so i reformatted my laptop thinking i might be that and i still have the problem. If i just play an mp3 just using Windows Media Player or Winamp the sound is perfect, but as soon as i load virtual dj the sound starts to distort again. Im using the virtual dj 3.5 which came with the console and i also downloaded the trial version of virtual dj thinking it was the software but i still get the same problem. I know it might be something with a setting with my laptop that i have to change probably because the first day i started to use the console after a couple of hours i don't know what i did but the sound was coming out perfect but the next day when i went to use it i got the same problem with the distortion. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1705 1.73 Ghz Duo Processor 1GB of RAM Windows XP Proffesional. Please somebody give me some help i have been reading other posts about maybe being power issue but i have tried it with a power usb hub but i still have the same problem. I also changed the settings for the performances tab but with no luck.

Please Help

Inviato Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 2:09 am
Try changing the config settings in performance tab of VDJ by positioning the slider all the way to the left, then untick both safe mode and overclock checkboxes.

Also, prevent your computer from powering down your usb ports by right-clicking My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager and, under universal serial bus controllers, right-click each individual usb root hub in the list, choose "properties," go to power management tab and untick the checkbox that says "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Inviato Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 10:06 pm
Tried your suggestions but i still hear the pops in the music. I have tried so many things from reformatting the laptop to changing the irq settings. I don't know what else to do anymore.

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 11:48 pm

Try this :

>> latency in VDJ : AUTO

>> Safe Mode : ON

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 11:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sorry my dears but console version cant do that

try to cut back on the running processes

increase your swap file , and uninstall any needless software from your machine

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 11:57 pm

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 11:58 pm
Hang in there...If anyone can help, it's got to be skyfxl - he's very knowledgeable!!

In other words, "he da bomb" =D

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 4:09 pm
jpgregoHome userMember since 2007
I'm having a similar issue when I connect my MK2 to an amp and speakers. There's this constant distortion the minute I connect the mk2. Someone told me to try removing the ground from the computer. Has anyone tried this solution?

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 11:13 pm
dont do it that will make your computer a ticking time bomb!

what you need is a ground loop isolator

available from most electical/music stores

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 11:44 pm
Do NOT break the connector off your power cable (like sky said)

If you are getting a ground loop hum, it WILL fix the problem but it will also cause the risk of electrocution and/or voltage spikes. I admit to running a laptop this way for 3 or so years, but it is NOT safe.

People will tell you that you can use a Direct Box. While this is correct, it is actually the ground lift circuit inside that you want. These are available separately. Technically, you will have to use a little trial and error here. It depends on exactly *where* your ground loop interference is coming from. Ground loops are traditionally caused by having two grounds connected to the same equipment (shown in my VERY rudimentary MS Paint drawing below. If you were to connect a powered speaker into outlet 1 and your laptop into outlet 2, you would create a ground loop. Simply, the ground would travel through Earth and cause interference at 60hz (US... Europe is at 50hz IIRC). This gives you that low level buzz.

While it is often this type of problem, it can also be caused internally. This is where I have had more luck with the magnetic ground loop isolators. Without getting into sin waves and such TOOOO much, a "ground" can be created in anything that has a 0 throughput in the positive OR negative... (AC current "alternates current" between positive and negative and ground is at zero) This can cause equipment that is actually on the same physical ground to create a groundloop... and like I said, this is where I have had more luck with the "ground loop isolators".

My "ghetto" picture :)

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 8:38 am
Do a search on google for HumX, these things I hear work great:)

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 10:36 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)