Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "SOUND "ECHO / FEEDBNACK NOISE ?"

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

New to this forum, just purchsed Virtual DJ, I use my onboard "Realtek" soundcard with my OS being Vista, but noticed last night that I'm getting a" mic feedback" type sound, I am not sure if this is down to my soundcard or down to the mixer / in-house amp system.

My output does not seem load enough and when I yank up the channel mixer or master mixer I get this "feedback" noise!
Im assuming I need a better souncard alhough the venue I gig at is not very big, any suggestions for a decent external card?

Inviato Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 3:39 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do u need timecoded? Try udj46 or maya44 usb etc..or try Djio etc. There a lot of decent card out there:)

Inviato Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 9:09 pm
I guess the (maybe too) obvious question is...Do you have a live mic plugged into your system, perhaps even one you might not know about?

Inviato Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 9:43 pm
yes as doc say... if u have mic plugged, u might have to look into that n eq it favourably:) Feedbacks mostly occur if there are mic in so u have to do ur setting.. If u have a feedback destroyer or ur equalizer can tackle them, that could be ur answer to ur question:)

Inviato Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 9:56 pm
I just thought of something. Is your rig a laptop? A lot of them have internal mirophones! Check your sound config in Windows and make sure the "disable" checkbox is ticked so that the mic is not live.

Hope this helps ;)

Inviato Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 10:13 pm
I disabled the mic settings and to no avail, perhaps a good sound card is in order, and yes i plug my lead into the head-phone jack straight into the mixer channel, so i use my laptop as my rig! I have noticed music from normal cds sound alot better than my output from the laptop, so perhaps it is indeed a soundcard issue or perhaps a setting within virtual dj that I need to adjust???

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 9:59 pm
Yes it betta to use a decent usb such as maya etc sc rather than the onboard laptop sc (<<this not so good)... for good performances...

In the setting, just try this.. go to ur sound control panel n make sure the volume not so high, make it 3/4.. will that help? N try to disable wateva surrond effect u have when u using ur WMP..

Abt the sound quality u were saying ur normal cd is betta , that because it is an audio cd>>wav files (uncompressed),,, just make sure wateva file u were playing the mp3 at VDJ did not have 128 bitrate n below. Try to play preferably 192 to 320 ones n see the different.

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 10:07 pm
Hey thanks for all the advice, I'll try the lowering of the volume in my control panel...so far nothing else has helped worth a try!

Inviato Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 8:23 pm
Hey sorry u have not sorted it out..hmm.. maybe if u can sketch a diagram on how ur set up.. (full one), it will give me a better picture:)..

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 7:19 pm
Hi,

Basically I'm positive now it is indeed the microphone input channel on the laptop causing this feedback problem, I have disabled the mic options but the input channel itself seems to be still live. I am just using the onboard soundcard...

Headphone output - Line from this into the Channel Mixer - ....

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 3:34 pm
ok my friend i think it best u invest on an usb soundcard.. take a look on numark DJIO or if u doing timecoded maya44 usb etc.. is a card for u. N yes direct line in from ur headphone output into channel mixer is not "really" recommended for good audio:) Some more if u are playing mp3 below 192 kbps, it will sound terrible. All the best to you n regards;)

Cheers.

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 3:51 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)