Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ 5.0.4 Improvements

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Bugs Encountered So Far:
  1. I cannot highlight letters in the search field with my mouse to tweak the search.
  2. The "Download Plugins" button on the Info tab in the "Settings" window goes to the wrong Web page. It takes me to the demo of VirtualDJ. Haha, I do not need that now do I?
  3. I right-clicked a file in the browser and then went to "File Infos". Went to "Cover...". An image appears for "Local WMP database". When I click it, nothing happens. The button goes down and up and that is it. It does not get loaded.
Does the cover get imported to the mp3 file or only to the VirtualDJ 5.0.4 database? It would be nice if it got imported to the file as well so that it shows up in my media player, MediaMonkey. I think the ID3 tag specifications allow for embedded covers.

Ask me to provide my computer specifications if it is needed to squash these bugs.

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:21 pm
Another Bug:
  1. I cannot sort by the icons in the "Browser". I clicked on the small blank rectangle above the icons, but nothing happens. When I say icons, I mean the little icons next to the song's title that indicate whether the file scanned, whether it is a video or whether it is a karaoke file.

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 9:46 pm
Another Bug:
  1. I can now go beyond the start of a file by a little bit if I move my jog wheels on my BCD2000. I do not remember that happening before on version 5.0.2.

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 10:24 pm
GargantulaKon wrote :
Another Bug:
  1. I can now go beyond the start of a file by a little bit if I move my jog wheels on my BCD2000. I do not remember that happening before on version 5.0.2.

Not a bug, its a new feature:)

It allows scratch in beginning of song, and for small samples.. a feature asked for:)

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 11:14 pm
It is affecting my scratching, as it is too long for me, but maybe I just need to get used to it. I am practicing now and getting better at it. I used to "cheat" and go back on my jog wheels to make it stay at the start. Since I have non-sensitive jog wheels I need to go back and forth on my cue to keep the spots on the middle of songs. I have a short 1 second clip with a whole second in front of it. I can see how it can help for scratching. Can an option be set so that it is not as long?

How about a response to the other bugs please?

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 1:33 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
GargantulaKon wrote :
Another Bug:
  1. I cannot sort by the icons in the "Browser". I clicked on the small blank rectangle above the icons, but nothing happens. When I say icons, I mean the little icons next to the song's title that indicate whether the file scanned, whether it is a video or whether it is a karaoke file.

Not designed to sort by icons. Designed to do the SMART / SUGGESTION sort as in version 4 if you were to recurse a folder or just click on a folder the most commonly played songs would be towards the top and any already played songs would be at the bottom.

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 3:51 am
I am sorry, I do not quite get what you said cstoll. So clicking that little rectangle will sort the files in another way? It seems that it does not do anything at all when clicked on.

About the gap in the front of songs, how about in the back of songs as well? Or can it be possible for the song not to go back to the beginning because when scratching at the end of songs, sometimes I accidentally go past the end of the song since the sample is at the very end. The song goes to the beginning and ruins my scratching.

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 4:26 am
Haha, someone changed my thread title from "Bugs" to "Improvements." Please note that I appreciate the hard work the team does to keep fixing VirtualDJ 5. This is the "PC Version Bugs Report" section of the forum right? :-)

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 10:12 pm

Not sure why the title was changed, surly is the bug section yes ;)

Maybe because you suggested some improvements, like "dead space" after the track, and possibly turn off the "dead space" infront of track, for those who dont want the new behaviour ;)

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 1:11 am
Yeah, that must be why it was changed by Corporate Staff I presume. I must admit, I am getting used to the extra space and like it now. I would like some space at the end too, or at least not let the song reset to the start.

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 6:43 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)