Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Itunes Proplem plz help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Everytime I open up VDJ.5 and I click on Itunes which holds about 30,000 tracks it freezes for awhile then I clicked on library it freezes for awhile. Eventually I finally get to view my songs but I can't do a search of a song on Virtual DJ because it crashes. I have also read the Manual in the performance section and managed to change the options but still crashes everytime I go to Itunes.

Is any change I can prevent from all this happening.

Please help.

Discoenergy

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 10:40 pm
Are you on version 5.0.4? That version fixes a lot of the iTunes database integration issues that VirtualDJ had. I had no problems with my small iTunes collection but you have a lot more music than I do in iTunes. :-)

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 10:51 pm
Ok I have downloaded the latest version but still having the same issue expect I can click on Itunes without freezing but now I click on Library it still freezes.

Anyone?

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 11:12 pm
Does it freeze and then eventually show the songs? Or does it close completely?

When it does freeze does the CPU get stuck at 100% (50% for dual threaded CPUs)? Is the hard disk access light flashing while VirtualDJ is frozen?

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 9:54 pm
Sometimes It completly freezes or it freezes for awhile then eventually shows the songs but everytime I search for a paticular song it crashes.

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 12:39 am
Anyone?

Inviato Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:21 pm
It sounds like the way that VirtualDJ is integrating iTunes data is still unstable, hmmm. Can you successfuly search as long as the iTunes folder is not selected? Did you already try the "Check", "Clean" and "Fix" buttons in the "Browser" tab in the "Settings" window? That might be good to try and hope. Are these iTune songs on your internal hard drive or are they on an external hard drive? I wonder if this problem has anything to do with DRM issues.

Inviato Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 7:31 pm
I say most of my tracks are on an external hard drive mainly because I need plenty of space on my harddrive. I just tried the Check", "Clean" and "Fix" it has improved it a little but still slow when I search for a song in the library. I might go through my Itunes libray and delete the tracks I don't really need because as you said before you don't have as many as me and it works fine for you lol.

Inviato Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 7:41 pm
Discoenergy wrote :
I might go through my Itunes libray and delete the tracks I don't really need because as you said before you don't have as many as me and it works fine for you lol.

VirtualDJ should be able to run with that many files with no problem. Hard drives are becoming enormous, like 750 GB, and the database needs to be optimized to handle people's huge music libraries. I used to have over 50 GB of additional music a few years ago and I lost my hard drive thanks to corruption. That really hurt. :-(

Inviato Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 10:36 pm
I bet you got really angry when you lost your Hard drive :-(

I know Virtual DJ should be able to handle huge Music Libraries but maybe I have a proplem with my computer????? I know I have got the right requirements but I think I may have too many other programs that I need to keep e.g Microsoft Office etc which may slow down the CPU. I am just testing Virtual DJ and playing around with it and DJ-In-Norway's tutorials are brilliant and I feel like a better DJ by just using the software. So I am going to use it for gigs once I cleared my laptop and make sure it will fully work. I am just fed up using cd's now! :-(

Inviato Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 12:31 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you spent any time ensuring that your iTunes library is free of all references that have bad references to files that no longer exist in their original locations when last added to iTunes?

Also, make sure all your playlists have good references as well.

Inviato Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 2:14 am
Well I have deleted all the files on itunes then reloaded them back again. I have also cleaned each file on Virtual DJ. Still not working :-(

Inviato Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 7:38 pm
Just had a go on my laptop but still same proplem!

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 4:38 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)