Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode Vinyl Not Working????

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi.

I have installed VDJ on my mac and it loads fine. Ive plugged in my turntables into inputs 1 & 2. When i go to config, i can see the timecode coming in and when i start and stop the vinyl the signals waveform appears and disappears. The right deck says 100% timecode when i start the deck, the left deck says nothing and stays on 0%. When i click auto-config on the left deck it says that it cant detect a timecode signal even though i can see the waveform display? Very strange.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 6:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi you should really post mac problems in the mac forum or they will be missed , have you consulted the numark setup guide ? check it out to be sure , in options you should choose on performances quality , and auto latency then on the time code window try to auto configure a few times ,if the wave form is to big reduce the gain if its too small increase it if its still tiny activate ria preamp.

which needles do you use and how are you grounding?

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 7:18 pm
shure m447 needles, grounding going into numark box. I have done everything the quickstart guide tells me to do. . . Thanks, Ben

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 7:24 pm
Ive been doing some tests and i think its my needle. I swapped my needles around and did the same auto-config thing and it happened this time on the other deck. Sometimes the track/video just stops playing and i hear this awful digital noise. This always happens on the deck that this needle is on. Ive done some maintenance on it and its better but not fully. Im thinking it might be time for new needles? What do you think? Any good suggestions? Thanks, Ben

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 1:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
http://www.kahuamusic.com/cartridges-styli-175/ortofon-digitrack-concorde-3100.htm

Digitrack concodes

"
Designed for playback on coded vinyl (Numark CUE , Final Scratch, Serato etc)

Single 'Digitrack' Concorde Cartridge from Ortofon which mounts directly onto the tonearm.

Product Specifications
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 8 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1,5 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15dB
Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-15.000 Hz
Frequency response: 20-18.000 Hz, -3dB /-2dB
FIM distortion at recommended tracking force, DIN 45.542: < 1 %
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 90 ?m
Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 12?m/mN
Stylus type: Spherical
Tracking force range: 2,0-4,0g (20-40mN)
Tracking force recommended: 3,0 g (30 mN)
Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Red/Red "
Cartridge weight: 18.5 g
Replacement stylus unit: Digitrack

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 1:55 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just get a replacement stylii for your Shure's. Those are very good cartridges, no need to spend $179 on a marketing pitch. No offense Skyfxl, I really just have a hard time with the Digitracks and believe it is simply a marketing ploy. There are people on these forums that have said so, that's why I don't like endorsing them.

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 5:43 pm
Hi. Thanks of you both for that. Im probably going to stick to my shures. I just replaced the styli and it seems ok at the moment. Working fine. Is there anywhere i can buy replacement wires for them (the little green, blue, red and white wires). I have a standard stanton headshell. Are there any others that are good for weight and connection? Thanks again, Ben

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:51 pm
Yeah I agree to get a replacement stilii for your Shure's. You should always have a spare anyway...

I did just buy some new needles though and would recommend them if you were looking for a new kit. I was going to get the Ortofon Digitrack's but ended up going with the Ortofon Q-Berts because of their high output (11-12 ms). So far they are great and they aren't even broke in yet.

Inviato Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 9:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)