Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can I Use VDJ Box as a mac interface to record my vinyl?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I want to record my vinyl into the computer. RipVinyl is only for pc, not for mac and i want to record my vinyl into the computer. Can i do this using the VDJ interface using some other software such as audacity?

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:31 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi ben , i think it betta u post this at the mac forum..where a lot of mac user hangin ard there;).. as this hardware forum are dedicated more to pc user.. :)

And to ur question, i think its possible as the NVV card is a soundcard n is supported in mac:) Giv it a try:)

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:33 pm
Hi. Thanks. I will do. The VDJ box isnt seen anywhere in the mac. It just works with Vitrual Vinyl Software. Im not sure how to make it work with the mac so i can use audacity or another program to record in my vinyl.

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the Virtual Vinyl box from numark will work in audio software

Such as numark cue
PCDJ VJ
VDJ
Virtual VINYL

and studio aplications such as audcaity , ableton live ect

but not in your os enviroment

this is basicaly couple of reasons one so you dont get windows or osx sounds in your mix

and secondly for quality reasons

moved to mac forum

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:42 pm
Ok. Thankyou. Ben

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 2:01 am
Also. . . Do i have to install any drivers? Will Numark Box be detected by audacity as soon as its plugged into the computer? Thanks, Ben

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 2:03 am
if vv is installed and the box , no changes will be needed to record with audacity

just choose VV agrigate as your recording source

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 1:57 pm
Hi. Ive opened audacity and i se no option for VV box. I go into my audio/midi setup and also see no VV box. The box must be installed correctly as i can use it with the VV Software. Is there something that im missing? Do i need to install another driver for it to be seen as an available recording device? Thanks, Ben

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 2:43 pm
Anyone?

I have a show 250miles away in december and its my first show that far away from my home. I really need to get recording my vinyl into the computer. Can anyone offer any help with this?

Im just not getting the option to record with the VV box. Its not seen anywhere on my mac as an available interface to record with, even though it works with VVinyl???

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Ben

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 1:40 pm
so there is no vv option in audacity ?

try setting in midi and audio config

in aplications > utilities

vv as the default input ,

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 5:00 pm
Its not an option. The VV box is not in audio/midi setup. It is nowhere. It works fine with the program VV but as far as detecting the box within other programs, its invisible. . . Its just plug and play on mac, so not drivers are installed. . . that might be something to do with it? Any ideas? Ive emailed support a few days ago but still no response. . .

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 1:45 pm
???

Any ideas guys? I dont understand why im the only one here with this problem. I bought a brand new laptop just to use with VV. I installed vv only and audacity and have been using vv with no probs, which must mean the timecode is working, which in turn must mean that the interface is working. Why cant i seem to get it to work both with my macintel computer and my normal mac?

I dont understand? Im getting pretty desperate now as its looking like ive got to but another interface?

Any advice????

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 9:51 pm
spoke to numark , VV is not actualy a open soundcard

it is compatable with the rip vinyl program in windows vdj

and CUE/ PCDJ VJ / VDK

but no other programs
sorry ,

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 9:53 pm
Is there any way of getting RipVinyl for mac with the new release of vv?

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 12:01 am
i will ask:)

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 12:36 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)