Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MAC and the HC4500

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi guys

New to the board here

Does any one know if the new version of Vitrual DJ for MAC will haver native support for the dennon hc4500. Im sorry for the dumb question but i cant get a strait answer out of any one!

Thanks fellas

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 5:26 pm
Version 5.0 rev4 for PC has native support for the Denon HC4500.
I think it's a pretty safe assumption that V5.0 release for MAC will also include this as the DEV team have taken a lot of time over this particular upgrade.
I'm sure they don't want to dissapoint.
That's just my thoughts on it though... I'm personally waiting for DAC-3 support on MAC then I'm thinking about a HC4500.
Ross.

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 3:54 am
Thanks for the input

I realy likle VDJ and would kill for them to do a MAC version with native support for the 4500. If any one knows anything about it please let me know because the second it hits id buy it. I dont evenc are if its like 400$ id still buy it
Thanks guys

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 11:48 pm
I will be creating a custom mapper for the Denon HC4500 soon, but unfortunately I do not have a Mac, so I can't create a plugin for Mac (Unless it's possible to cross-compile from Windows or Linux.)

With a bit of work, I could also probably convert my DAC-3 and DMC-2 mappers to Mac too.

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 3:51 am
Not just a MIDI map, You can get those all over the place. But actually Naitve support so the display and the lights will work and so on. and your whole display.

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 1:17 am
Denon appear to have done something special with the HC4500. Despite the fact that people said it was impossible, Denon have been able to send text ie. track info via midi. I haven't managed to get my hands on one yet and have delayed my purchase due to an issue with my Denon x900 mixer, but I'm very interested in this controller.

Ross

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 4:16 am
automagp68 wrote :
Not just a MIDI map, You can get those all over the place. But actually Naitve support so the display and the lights will work and so on. and your whole display.

My mapper when it's written will be a C++ plugin not an XML MIDI map. It will be able to control the LED's and text displays.

Also, VDJ 5.0 r4 for the PC does have native support for the HC4500, but I don't think it's 100% finished yet.

automagp68 wrote :
Denon appear to have done something special with the HC4500. Despite the fact that people said it was impossible, Denon have been able to send text ie. track info via midi. I haven't managed to get my hands on one yet and have delayed my purchase due to an issue with my Denon x900 mixer, but I'm very interested in this controller.

It's not possible to send track info with the generic MIDI mapper built into VDJ, but native support for the controller and/or a mapper plugin will be able to send the correct MIDI commands to make these function.

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 8:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)