Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: disabling xfader (or mapping djconsole menu)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

metkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi guys,

i would like to see in any new versions of VDJ an option or just a function (to set with a shortcut) to disable Djconsole Crossfader (and also normal VDJ crossfader) for users with an external mixer. For the dj console, due to it's size, i think you already know why.. and for normal vdj crossfader, it bappened to me once during a party.. no output on a punch-in.. until i noticed Vdj's crossfader had been probably moved by me during actions with mouse...

Thanks for your great product guys,

keep on the updates :)

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 5:14 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use an external mixer but sometimes I use VDJ crossfader too, particularly with right-clicks. I Think it's useful.

Maybe you should have a skin with a pannel which could hide the crossfader if you don't really want to use it.

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 7:19 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i'm thinkin of takin the slider out of the console and place it somewhere else.

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 7:50 am
I need this function too, and so to all with the use of Hercules with external mixer...

will drop a message to dev staff and ask once again if we can have this function added :)

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 2:43 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Is it only me ? with so "accurate" movements...
I don't have this problem to accidentally move the xfader.
I always use the jogs of the console and i work very fast too...
Maybe i have to be a ...doctor !
-----
Dj in Norway, if you ask something for dj console, ask for
a "swap" (invert) option for the "CUE" button -->"STOP"
Stop (instead cue) is very usefull in vdj (cycle between cue points)

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 3:48 pm
metkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
>clax> yes that would be a solution but i m too used to default vdj's skin.. and about modifying it, i once did some minor changes to defaut skin but i forgot to back it up somewhere before a format, unlike shortcut and music db :)

>djjb> i tried for 30sec to see if i could remove it... don't want to void my warranty so i gave up on that :)

>dj-in-norway> thanks for insisting once again, i see we agree on that point :)

>apopsis> your hands must be really small, or you are scratching with only 1 finger with daylight :)

Inviato Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 3:44 am
@ apopsis

true, I'm no doctor, and I dont have a huge problem with the cross... even though, disable it would be cool

and - you can map the cue button to be stop button in the Hercules console mapper :)

Inviato Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 12:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)