Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Where do you find the crash Info

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Played out with VDJ 5 last night for the first night. It lasted for about 40 minutes before it crashed. Whilst mixing the music stopped went to close the program but it said "do you want to close while music is playing" or something like that but there was no music

Also I noticed that a few tracks that I played seem to jump, and stop for a split second.

Don't know if it was related to the crash. Where do you find the crash info.

Jimmy b

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 2:39 pm
My Documents/Virtualdj/ Look for the Crashguard.txt file and open it in Wordpad

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 6:59 pm
Right, followed what you said

When I open VDJ in workpad I get, playlist, plugins, sampler, skins, tracklistings, language, shortcuts, shoutcut defaults, VDJ 5 manual, and VDJ database

Can't find no Crash guard file. I'm prob doing something wrong

Jimmy b

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 7:54 pm
Go to My Documents open that then open the virtual Dj folder, do you see a crashguard icon in there??

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 8:08 pm
No i don't discobrain there is nothing about crash gaurds in the folder. Got to go out now. If you give some more info i'll have to look tomorrow morning. and try it. I'll be using 3.4 tonight just in case.

Jimmy b

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 8:22 pm
No one has any ideas then,

Jimmy b

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 3:17 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jimmy ,it as discobrian explained before , it is at my document>virtualdj> n here u will able to see the crash guard report. It a text document n can e opened in notepad:)

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 6:40 pm
Still can't find it, I give up on it.

The only crash guard I can found is relating to my Home Version of VDJ 3.4 I think. It's in my program files on c drive. Not in My documents where VDJ 5 should be.

Nevermind.

Jimmy b

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 8:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If it's not there then the crashguard has not been activated and no report generated.

The file name you are looking for is titled - Crashguard report.txt

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 9:54 pm
OK then, thanks for clearing that up. No file name like that there.

So what I had on friday night wasn't a crash, something random happened, whether it was VDJ, my herc and it's drivers or a crap music file I guess i'll never find out.

Should have played around VDJ more before taken it out with me for the first time I guess.

Jimmy b

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 11:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)