Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 5.0 Rev.4 Q. Is it stable or a disaster ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi Everyone , i've been reading a lot of stuff about the 5.0 rev 4.
Unfortunately I'm only reading about lots of crash problems.
Does anyone have or had any good experiences with this version ??
It seems that everyone writing has had good stable older versions , so maybe not a hardware problem.A crash at a wedding is one thing , in a disco they'd probably sack me.
Any info will be greatly appreciated , Paul

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 5:53 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Stable here Paul. Think about it this way, how many people who use it..and the numbers of complaints. The number of complaints in comparison is a real low percentage. Also, it is usually caused by either a system conflict, like an IRQ conflict for example, or from lack of reading the manual. Asl Cstoll about the last one..lol. Dont wait any longer, buy now while the prices is low. And remember, free lifetime upgrades.

Crashes at disco or weddings are both bad, at a disco the dancers are not throwing hundreds of dollars at you, just drinks. Wedding the couples have invested a lot more personal money in your services. I have used my v5r4 at weddings with 500 guests, and on VDJ Radio without any problems worth mentioning. Once it is properly configured it is the best DJ software on the market.

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 6:02 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 12:06 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Guess we have a new guy in the club ;)
Welcome pauljohn!

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 11:08 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
welcome to the pro side pauljohn :)

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 11:19 pm
It's been mostly ok with me. I still have crashes, but they MOSTLY happen when i'm in automix. I get a crash if i change settings in the options/skins/ and video effects while in automix.

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 1:36 am
Only used it twice for about an hour at the club, but so far I like it best. Reads my itunes music better, I did not have to analize as much music(fresh reinstall of my entire laptop last Sunday). I am going to try the time coded cds for the first time on thurday night, I will give you my final then. LOL

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 2:56 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi paul.

I've been using for about a week now. First night out with it and it crashed on me after about 40 mins of mixing, No warning just no sound,and froze, had to use cd and my home version 3.4 to carry on with the night. Anyway i do not blame the software I should of played with it abit at home before playing out.

Also having slight problem with little hicups or glitches in the sound, like when a needle jumps on vinyl, got to mess aound with the sound preformance, or my set up with that one I think

Anyway apart from my little problems, I still love the software and once I get everything sorted it will be just fine.

Jimmy b

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 3:25 am
Well, V5 Rev 5 is out, let's try it....

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 3:38 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yes indeed we shall

Jimmy b

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 4:43 am
I ran it for just over 8 hours on automix and it was flawless....

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 10:55 am
I haven't tried yet, tonight I will :)

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 7:23 pm
pauljohn

5 r5 is just as unstable. As a few of us have found tonight with crashes. It was stated that it had been beta tested vigorously, the jury is still out on that one. I did'nt expect to pay big bucks to become a beta tester and lose face at my regular gig using top notch software ? We have good reason to be annoyed.

ID=00470891 (date=710262250, version=5.0 rev.5, build=505, thread=Main, dump=8b421451, excode=c0000005 (0,bbee002e))

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 2:15 am
chriso710 wrote :
pauljohn

5 r5 is just as unstable. As a few of us have found tonight with crashes. It was stated that it had been beta tested vigorously, the jury is still out on that one. I did'nt expect to pay big bucks to become a beta tester and lose face at my regular gig using top notch software ? We have good reason to be annoyed.

ID=00470891 (date=710262250, version=5.0 rev.5, build=505, thread=Main, dump=8b421451, excode=c0000005 (0,bbee002e))

Chris I am sorry you are having issues, The end users are not beta testing this version, it was thoroughly beta tested. If you are havin issues the best thing I can suggest is start your own topic and let us know exactly what you were doing at the time of the crash, what your OS is, how many processes you have running. I personally am not havin issues at all with this version and if there is anything I can do to try to help u out let me know, or better yet ask a teamer whether it be a PM or your own topic. Hope all works out well for ya I am sure it can get resolved here.

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 2:28 am
I have never had a crash with any version of 5 I have used. Most of my gigs average 6-7 hours. 2-3 times a week.

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 5:05 pm
glad to see you with us paul:)

Stable for me. As someone said above IRQ conflicks are a big cause for sound glitches so make sure you have all that sorted out and your set

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 7:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)