Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ID3 Tags

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have a LOT of music that VDJ incorrectly reads the ID3 tag info for. (or maybe I should say differently than my other programs..Yahoo Music Jukebox, MusicMatch Jukebox, etc.) I realize I can edit the file/ tag info manually for each track, but I wish there was a "super-tagging" option where I can select a whole block of songs and edit all of the info at the same time. Like itunes or MusicMatch. I can say "these 10 songs are by the same artist, so write that in the artist slot". Here is a file name that I am dealing with: "05-0 - Justin Timberlake - What Goes AroundComes Around (Junkie XL Small Room Mix).wma" I'm not an expert on ID3 tagging, but I imagine it is related to the file name. Well, VDJ reads this file as Artist: 0 and Title: 05- Justin Timberlake - What Goes AroundComes Around (Junkie XL Small Room Mix).wma (same thing, but minus the "0"). It would be great to tell VDJ to read the tag differently, but "Super-tagging" would work as well. Any suggestions?? I hope all of that makes sense!

Chris

Inviato Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 9:17 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
chris

try this http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm may help, have'nt needed to use it myself but this software seems to crop up a lot in the forums, find out more by doing a search on "tag & rename"...hope it helps

Tayla

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 11:55 am

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 2:28 am
I checked out both of the links above, but I'm afraid it is something with VDJ. It is some setting that I don't know how to change. In media monkey, the files and tags are read correctly, but in VDJ, they are not. It does not read the tags as they should be. It will put a "0" in many of the tracks' "artist" field. These are WMA files from my Yahoo Unlimited! subscription. Does VDJ not support WMA tags and media monkey does?? Thanks!

Chris

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 6:41 pm
Maybe try Tag&Rename...If I'm not mistaken, VDJ reads ID3v1 tags. Tag&Rename has an option to copy ID3v2 to ID3v1 tags for all of your music at once. That might do it;)

I use it, too. Once I got used to the program it made things rather easy =D

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 8:07 pm
I figure it out for the most part. VDJ doesn't support WMA tags yet. I emailed them and they confirmed it. :( Stinks for subscription DJ's :(

Chris Kelley

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:12 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think itunes will convert your wma to mp3 but I'm not completely sure about that. Once you have them converted you can use a program called ID3renamer (www.id3renamer.com) to mass rename your folders to %Artist - %Title and the filenames will read perfectly in VDJ.

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:27 am
The thing is that they are from a subscription (Yahoo! Unlimited). It is the same for Napster I believe. The files are encrypted. You may be able to decrypt them, but it would mess up your subscription. Basically, it seems that VDJ just needs to give some support for it.

Chris

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 12:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)