Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DVD Drive problems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Question ... I have an Ibook G4 @ 1.42 Ghz 14". Recently, my computer was starting not to recognize the drive. It's wierd. Sometimes it'll work fine. Last night, I put in a DVD and in the middle of it, it just stopped playing / froze. I had to restart the computer. When the computer came up, it wouldn't show DVD icon on the desktop (you know when you put a DVD or CD in the drive it'll come up on the desktop) I restarted the DVD player program and it said, DVD Drive could not be found. Went in to ABOUT THIS MAC, under CD Drive, it said drive could not be found. I couldn't get my DVD out. Finally one of my friends showed me when you restart the computer, hold down the eject button and it'll eject (which it did) After I got it out, I put it back in and IT WORKED FINE! Not the first time it has done this. Would it help if I cleaned it? One of those CDs you put it that cleans the drive? Or does this mean, the drive is starting to go and I need a new one? Before I asked my friend for help, I restarted the computer 5-6 times and each time it did the same thing; not being able to recognize the drive.

Thanks in advance

It has the DVD R/RW CD R/RW combo drive.

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 5:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have u downloaded all the latest firmwares for the drives because there was a known bug with that model

with cds not being read i used to get this until i upgraded firmware

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 6:16 pm
how do I do that? It's internal. how do I find out what I have?

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 8:08 pm

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 8:25 pm
no firmware updates available.

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 8:37 pm
what did the profiler say?

have you run the hardware test disk supplied with your g4?

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 12:17 am
There is a hardware test disk? The only disks I got were the restore CDs. The profiler said im using firmware DMP2

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 4:42 am
Quest... any idea on this one?

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 6:30 am
do you have the Matshita UJ-845E dual drive?

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 5:51 pm
skyfxl wrote :
do you have the Matshita UJ-845E dual drive?

Yes I do.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 10:16 pm

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 10:22 pm
Thanks, but it made it worse.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 11:44 pm
try to run software update now

if still no joy i think its time to take it to the apple repairs guys or perhaps time to get a newer mac for 10.5 and vdj 5

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 11:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)