Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HELP!!!! Gotta get this fixed!!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

webe3PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just finished a wedding and had a few problems. Let me start by saying that I never had a problem like this with VDJ. I was into my third set of the night when the song I was playing on the right deck just lost all sound. I mean the song itself kept playing and I had a great signal in the bar graph, but as for the sound it just stopped. I thought ok bad rip so I pulled up another version and played it on the other side and it played fine. I dragged another song to the right side...it played fine for about 30 sec and the same thing happened. It was like someone was pulling the RCA cable out of the sound card and then put it back again. This happened about 6 times...all on the right side of the player. The MP3 files I use are ripped at 193 joint stereo, they are kept in a Western Digital 500 gig(7200 speed) external HD hooked up via USB 2. I use a bunch of virtual folders and the songs I was using came from a virtual folder (I don't know if that has any bearing on the matter). At the end of the night after everyone left I pulled up the songs that were bad...loaded them into the right side player and they played FINE! The only difference is that I did not have the vol. up like I did at the wedding. In my DJ setup I use a dual 18 sub at about 2500 watts. Is it possible I was shaking the HD Discs? Or is it possible I had too much signal going into the sound card and it was shutting down????

If someone could shed some light on my problem I would greatly appreciate it. The only thing I could figure is I just updated from 5.0 to 5.0 rev 4. I did not however update my sound card drivers...did not think I had to since they always worked fine. Oh also this system does not go online (The Net) for any reason, no gaming, no antivirus, all MS security junk is disabled. If i need an update another computer downloads it , it's scanned and security checked and then put on a jump drive to update the DJ System computer. My system specs are listed below. Thanks in advance for any help.....Mike

System Specs

Dell XPS 200 Intel dual core 3 gig processor
1024 RAM
Intergrated Video (I know but I do not use VDJ for any Video Work)
250 SATA Internal HD ( Just for the operating system)
500 Western Digital USB2 External HD ( Music is on this)
Gigaport USB External Sound Card ( Using ASIO Drivers ) (Default Sound Settings) ( Original Drivers)
Numark DMC2 Control
Windows XP Media Edition
VDJ 5.0 Rev 4 (Mix Labs Skin)
19 inch widescreen monitor
All mounted in a Gator Case with a working UPS

Inviato Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 7:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is your Gigaport going into ? An external mixer, you didn't list ?

If so move, swap the inputs of the left and right decks and does the problem stay on the channel that the right deck was originally connected to. If so then you mixer's channel has the issue. If it stays with the deck then we can try one other thing to see if it's software or the Gigaport.

Inviato Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 9:32 pm
cstoll......Hi there.......Yep Gigaport going into external mixer. I will switch the inputs and test. Only problem is that when this happened it only did it for 5 or 6 songs in a row. The program worked fine for the last 45 min of the event. I will try your suggestion and post the results. Also sorry about the double post in the forum and a service ticket. It's my 1st time down the rabbit hole and I did not know you read both. Thanks...Mike

Inviato Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 6:44 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It might be a RAM problem too

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 10:55 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok, a bit different question:

Before it started to happen, have you been using a 'brake effect' or a similar
sound-effect plug-in that (eventually) stops/mutes the sound? It happened to
me a few times the effect just reactivated itself on the exact same spot
(time-wise) where it was used in a previous track (even though it was disabled
after use). It is a definite bug somewhere there, though I was never able to
reproduce it intentionally.

Could that be your issue? If the outputs and sound card are OK, I STRONGLY
doubt it is a RAM issue or any other part of the hardware...

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 6:53 pm
Hi Erxon, I can't remember if I used the brake function or not. I have used my system again a week later and while it did not do the same problem....it seemed it wanted to. I mean I caught it once or twice sorta freezing...I mean everything was freezing...sound kept going...and it only did it for a split second. It was enought for me to babysit the computer the rest of the night. I was afraid to go out onto the floor for fear it would stop playing. Thanks for all the help. Mike

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 9:31 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well it might not help a lot, but next time you see it happening check if there
are any effect plug-ins turned on. If you'll know for sure whether they were
all turned off or any of them on, you'll at least isolate the problem :)

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 11:04 pm
Yeah them darn keyboard shortcuts can sneak up on ya if u arent payin attention, happen to me from time to time:)

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 6:08 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)