Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: the definition of soon...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
soon

\ˈsün, especially New England ˈsu̇n\
Function: adverb
Etymology: Middle English soone, from Old English sōna; akin to Old High German sān immediately
Date: before 12th century

1 aobsolete : at once : immediately b: without undue time lapse : before long <soon after the PC update>
2: in a prompt manner : speedily <as soon as 1 or 2 weeks> <the sooner the better> <no sooner said than done>
3archaic : before the usual time
4: in agreement with one's choice or preference : willingly <I'd just as soon smash my macbook than boot to XP>

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 11:19 am
Very good! That helps break up the parkinsons like shaking I am getting from the wait. LOL

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 11:59 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just thought we needed a little clarity on the meaning of soon, what with the 2 month milestone coming up since the now infamous "Version 5 is coming soon" thread. :D

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 12:38 pm
at least one of the people who've posted in this thread have never developed any complex software.

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 7:12 pm
anewsome wrote :
at least one of the people who've posted in this thread have never developed any complex software.

Huh?

Inviato Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 10:09 pm
He's basically saying that people shouldn't talk about what they don't know about, understand, or are a part of.

And he's right IMO.

I created the original "coming soon" thread when I was relaying Atomix Corporate Staff's anticipated timeline. BUT, I also stated VERY clearly that if the release did not come in that timeline or within a reasonable time (that's relative to one's definition of "reasonable" anyway) to understand that it was because porting a complex real-time audio and video manipulation application for the first time to a new platform (Mac OS X) was in no uncertain terms, no small feat.

I also said from the beginning that I thought it would be wise for Mac users to anticipate a Mac release alongside or around Apple's release of Mac OS X which is now known to be this week. By doing that, users would have not set themselves with either an unrealistic or false expectation.

Having done that is the only thing that has kept me from going mad in anticipation. ;)

Please re-direct all comments on the release of VDJ 5 Mac to the original thread: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/76135/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/VDJ_5_-_soon_out_for_mac.html

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 9:04 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)