Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help Virtual Vinyl and The DMC2 questions and software questions about Vdj

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok where to start. If you a tech guy please read this and offer any support you can. Well Right not i'm a pcdj user. Good program Bad hardware. So bad that I’m saying fuck it and buying something new. I dj a lot for a living, in lots of different settings, 5 nights a week at the 2 biggest clubs in my city, and I also do lots of weddings company parties and things of that sort. So I’m looking for an all around great and versatile program to dj with. I liked my pcdj dac 2 and looking at the Numark dmc 2 it looks like a great next step. (Anyone’s comments or it are welcome). I used my pcdj primarily for weddings and VDJ I hope will be my new choice. Now My problems comes, that I'm looking for a program to use in the clubs also, I want something like and as powerful as seroto. Again Numark's Virtual Vinyl running cue (VDJ) looks like a great choice. But can I buy one full copy of VDj and put it on my DJing computer, take to out with me to the club slap down my ttx1 and Xone 92 turn on Virtual Vinyl play the night away. Clean up shut down go home. The next night take the same computer with all the same song play list and settings to a wedding put my unit out with a ppd900 mixer and a dmc2 plug in again and have it all work maybe only changing a couple of settings. Ok I’m pretty sure I can do that. But here is the real question can I setup my TT with the time code vinyl and plugging the dmc2 and have 1 half of the dmc2 run 1 deck and the other run the other deck and at the same time use the time coded vinyl manipulate the track play on the perceptive side. That's what I really want to-do. The reason is that I know the dmc2 to has controls to control the program on it and I would like to use those but for actually playing the song I would like to do that from the time coded vinyl. If it’s not possible that’s a great suggestion. If you could make that possible I know the dj company I work for is looking for something that could do that also and Right now we have 5 pcdj rigs we want to replace. If I cant use vdj in the way I want I heard I can run 4 decks that the same time and 2 be controlled by the dmc2 and the other 2 by the vinyl. Please anyone who knows these answers please help. I really need to get a program soon. Thanks for reading my stupidly long post.

Cody Lanoue

P.P.S.
My rig.
Numark PPD 9000 (best 19 mixer every)
And/Or A & H xone 92
Numark CDN-88
Numark RC8 power conditioner
PCDJ Dac2 (want to replace with the DMC2)
Numark TTX1 (2 of them)
Sure M44-7's for both TTx1
And my kick A$$ computer

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 5:24 am
Oh ya my more thing about VDJ. I have used the demo program a couple of times not but I can figure something’s out. I have my music broke up into tones of folders on my hard drive by disc. Its all promo only stuff. I would like to Make groups Like "Mainstream club" and put the contents of all the club disc’s in that group and so on. I will have like 10 main groups when I’m done. Also Pcdj has a wait list. It’s a temp list that is not ever saved and is deleted each time you restart the program. Its purpose it to put song that you would like to play later that night or that have been requested in a Virtual folder to review as the night goes on and pull some songs out of it to play. Dose VDj have anything like this. If not VDj needs it and it is almost necessary for it to have one for me to buy this program.

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 5:32 am
kruku90Home userMember since 2007
Anyone knows how to download samplers for vdj ?

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 2:36 am
kruku90 wrote :
Anyone knows how to download samplers for vdj ?

You can do this once you purchase the software and become a pro user.

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 4:32 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djexcalibur

Yes, Yes, and yes... All that you describe is possible. And unless your DAC2 is falling apart you don't need to get a DMC2. The DAC2 is supported. But the DMC2 is a nice controller and more geared at VirtualDJ.

You asked a lot of things and my best answer back is that you would want the Numark VirtualVinyl package definitely. Yes the flexibility of 1 night club, next night wedding, next night backyard BBQ, etc. Is all there.

The WaitList is called SideList - yes, VirtualDJ has one and has features most other applications don't have.

But an overwhelming YES to your questions. Any other specifics I didn't cover ?

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 6:33 pm
kruku90Home userMember since 2007
I have one of the software but my serial # does not work

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 9:49 pm
kruku90 wrote :
I have one of the software but my serial # does not work

contact Support.

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 12:10 am
Thank you Very much I'm pretty sure im going to buy it. And yea the reasone I want a dmc2 is that The company i work for and I colectively have 6 dac2's and all but one have had most of the micro switchs fail on us they cheap pieces of junk and i would incouage anyway whos looking at one to not buy it and buy something like it from a company whos knows what there doing (NUMARK). of ya i have 1 dac 1 (made by newmark) and it has had more abusse then any of them and it still keeps trucking

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 12:40 am
No more question about VDJ. In PCDJ the file sorting system has recored case's on the side and when you click a case you can also sort it but tabs in each case it ther such a think i vdj. thanks again for you help.

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 1:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)