Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Set Up Advice

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello. I'm thinking of defecting from Traktor as it has too many glitches in the program. A friend of mine has Virtual DJ 5, but he's not really used it as he has struggled with sound card set up. I have the same soundcard, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 sound card. When setting up there seems very limited options to choose from.
I tried it on mine and had same problems. In inputs i entered none, in outputs i'm choosing headphones option, in souncard i choose 4.1 sound card, then Audigy Sound Blaster 4.
Thats all the options i seem to get. Whether i choose front, rear or middle option i get same result. Nothing through the headphones and when i use crossfader, it never completely goes from one deck to the other, ie i can always hear both.
With Traktor, there was a more in depth set up, it still took me ages, but by trying different things i got there in the end. Here i haven't got any other choices to play with.
Am i just being thick?

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 10:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try to set

inputs : none
outputs headphones
card : asio
driver : Audigy Sound Blaster 4.

then experiment with channels

be sure to set asio mode in the soundblaster software

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:18 am
Cheers, I'll give it a go.

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:25 am
Sorted, sometimes i am just thick.
One other question if thats ok. If you want to record a mix, but have to stop half way through, can it be saved and then returned to at the same point?

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
no its live
if u have to stop make another file then use a audio editor like the free audacity to splice them to gether :)

Inviato Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)