Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What the Hell is going on

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I upgraded my vdj from the previous revision to this new one.. and everything woked fine all day yesterday ... i wake up this morning to find my entire database for my promo videos is gone .. al it says is the vob name no bpm no tag whatsoever.. Pls help i have a gig this evening and its all music videos. i have a bakup copy of the database......

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:03 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If your files are on another hard drive (external) browse to that hard drive through the My Computer. In the root location is there a VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml file ? If so, the restart the computer and open VirtualDJ again... are your files back ?

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:09 pm
No they are not back the files are ther but no tag info .. this is bullshit dude im going to have to rename all my videos and retag all info..

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:37 pm
Hold on... don't get upset.

You were using Revision 4 prior to updating to Revision 5 correct ?

Go in to the Config -> Browser tab
Make sure the Artist/Title , ID3 Tags and Comment options are all Enabled
Go to the database utility section in the bottom half, select your drive from the drop down that you are having the issue with.
Click in this order Fix, Check, Clean

Click OK
Close and Re-open VirtualDJ.

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 6:02 pm
I tried evrything you said still nothing.. i am so disapointed and pissed... you know how long its going to take me to retag all these videos from vob to there respective titles.. again this is bullshit. Im going back to serrato..

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 6:28 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
EVERYONE feels your pain bro! I hope it works out, for real! I think you'll be happy that you stuck it out with VDJ if you do though.

Chris Kelley

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 7:11 pm
I loved virtual dj and all i ever did was show it off .. but lately its as though the level of support is just not important anymore.. instead of offering support via phone like other companies everything is done through forums.. i feel in my own humble opinion that support for this s/w should be one on one with the customer.. instead of offering support to hackers they should concentrate on supporting the paying customers..

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 7:29 pm
Ok, so lets go back to your first statement and my first reply.

You say you have a back up of the database files ?

I asked if your files are on another hard drive (external)... and if there is the VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml in the root .

You rebooted and said they are not back (the data).

You say you tried everything after I suggested the fix, check, clean .

Well have you tried renaming the database files to something like .bad then copying your backups back to the proper .xml filename.
What about now ? Using the backups ?

And as for more 1-1, you can always try the e-Ticket service - http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/ . However there you get 1-1 and not 1-many like in the forums. Plus everyone here gets to learn from everyone.

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 9:37 pm
I tried evrything ..the drive i have is a slave 500gb sata internal drive.. itried to rename the new databasse file to .old and inserted the new .xml which is the back up and still nothing all i have is for example Chapter 1 vob. and all my bpms are gone..

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 3:27 pm
Cstoll is there anyway that you can call me or i can call you, i just want to get this resolved. I love VDJ and don't want to go backwards after my
investment and use serato these are my specs so i know its not a computer problem.

Server case rack mounted 750 watt power supply
AMD 64X2 dual core 6000 cpu 3.0 ghz
corsair 2048X2 DDR2 800mhz XMS memory
nVidia Gforce 8600 gt oc
2WD caviar 500gb sata3 drives one audio one video
2numark icdx
1 denon dns 5000 mixer
Vestax vci 100 for video mixing
serato SSL box for audio

Thanks in avdance.

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 3:38 pm
Out of curiousity did you rename the files in VDJ and not on the actual file??

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 8:00 pm
Yes thats exactly what i did.. why was that wrong??

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 10:25 pm
I would go through and name the file artist-title, then re-analyze seeing as u lost the info:)

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 10:37 pm
Which is the best way you think?

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 4:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)