Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MAC OS X 10.5 LOEPARD IS FOR RETAIL TODAY

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

lplaza4PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Today i received at 9:30 AM via Fedex my pre order of Mac OS X 10.5 Big sorpraise i wasn`t expected received today.

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 8:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
at my apple store 500 people lined up and waited 3 hours

for a chance to buy it today

my copy is comming on monday :)

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 8:59 pm
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm on Apple store New York Fifth Avenue waiting for the new MAC OS leopard, this is insane there is at least 1000 people here ahd growing uff i will pot some pictures later.

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 9:02 pm
Hehe ;)

You don't see that kind of hype for microsoft OS's, do you? Even if they spend milloins of dollars on an advertising campaign to try and "WOW" people. =P

I remember that for the vista launch, CompUSA's in the U.S. stayed open until midnight expecting huge amounts of customers.

The few that did come didn't even buy vista, they just showed up to take advantage of CompUSA's other advertised specials.

The only "WOW" that was being said about vista's launch was, "WOW... no one cares."

THIS is a product launch Apple style (Rome):

http://www.macitynet.it/immagini/visitaconnoi/applestoreromaleopard1/

THIS is a product launch Apple style (Japan):

THIS is a product launch Apple style (UK):

At least 1,500 people queue up for Leopard OS

"In comparison, for the launch of Microsoft's Windows Vista, PC World's Tottenham Court Road store opened its doors to a queue of around 30 or so people. Apple commands more attention."

http://www.tech.co.uk/computing/software/operating-systems/news/apple-leopard-launch-in-pictures?articleid=1096898673

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Coming in November
Apple iPhone launch in the UK and Germany on the 9th, and France on the 29th. Get ready to see the masses "queue up" for Apple again. ;)

Inviato Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:09 pm

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 12:44 am
I got my copy. Ready to install after the weekend.

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 1:40 am
fremdj wrote :

Here I with caught a short video of the Mac os x release in New York, after 21/2 hours under the rain i got my copy and a free
t-shirt

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pMDM3ag8-7w

Lol!

The bald guy in the blue shirt that walks in at 1:45 in that video looks like a skinny version of microsoft CEO steve ballmer.

ballmer probably sent his thinner brother to that Apple Store to see why the public supports a real innovative company like Apple and not his and billy g's (dis)organization called microsoft.

Those classless geeks in Redmond are eating a lot more than their hearts out right now. They may have won the first race in personal computing (from '97 until a couple of years ago) but they'll lose the marathon that's still got a long way to go and is filled with competitors who are teaming up to pay them back for their business practices (Apple, Google, IBM, the entire Open Source community because of m$'s funding for the frivolous SCO vs. Linux lawsuit that SCO lost BIG time... just to name a few).

Payback's pissed, and everybody already knows what else she is too. ;)

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 10:37 am

lol! ha ha.. You right, and i don't remember if that guy bought a copy but he got the free t-shirt for sure.
I have to tell you something, I've been using PC since i was 13 over 15 years, my last two PC were sony VAIO (nothing to complain about) then I decided o buy a laptop just to use with VDJ not even to connect to internet then you guys make buy a Mac Book Pro, Now I'm using my mac for everything, video edition there is nothing easer to make home videos than a Imovie and the results are great with apple TV and HDTV my wife loves it, IPhoto the best, Iwork especially pages awesome, and the internet always clean no pops no advertisement no firewall or antivirus needed and a lot lot of amazing things you can do with a mac Now i switched my pc laptop just to use with VDJ (till new Mac version of VDJ is release) and my Mac for everything else I Just love it

Inviato Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 4:17 pm
fremdj wrote :
I have to tell you something, I've been using PC since i was 13 over 15 years,...Now i switched my pc laptop just to use with VDJ (till new Mac version of VDJ is release) and my Mac for everything else I Just love it

Yeah, as you'll see on these forums as well as more commonly among the general public already, PLENTY of people are coming to the same realization that you are... SWITCHING from windows to Mac is the way to go.

At first, like you, they might think they will give their Mac limited use because they've been long time windows users. However once they (as you) realize that their Macs can do everyhting that their windows computers can do (even run windows 100% natively!) and do those things so much easier with the included high quality/user friendly software (like the iLife suite applications), and also with security, reliability, a lot less (if any) investment in 3rd party OS protection/maintenance/restoration software, and for a lot longer time than their windows computers could, THAT is when switchers like yourself ask, "what the heck do I need a windows only pc for?!".

Welcome to the Mac community fremdj! =)

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 2:43 am
Quest, that guy wearing the apple shirt in the pic on top is that you? lol j/k

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 3:50 am
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
Quest, that guy wearing the apple shirt in the pic on top is that you? lol j/k

Maybe 10 years and 50 pounds ago Speed... =P

Speaking of microsoft's steve "I used to sell cereal products for Proctor & Gamble and therefore I'm obviously knowledgeable in the technology industry" ballmer and the animosity between them and our/Apple's Steve Jobs:

http://www.faq-mac.com/noticias/node/26487

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 6:06 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)