Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CD Turntables to control VDJ??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

fhudaniHome userMember since 2007
Hi everyone,

I am a fairly experienced with typical CD turntable mixing while recording mixes on Adobe Audition. However, am sick and tired of having to burn discs to wav and then spinning to have good accuracy in cueing.

Question is;

What is needed to control Virtual DJ with my Denon DNS-1000 CD turntables?

Is the Virtual Dj software capable of this?

What kind of sound card is needed?

What other hardware is needed?

Is it simply easier to get a MIDI controller such as the new Denon?

Please reply....thanks everyone.

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 5:05 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes Virtual DJ is capable of this with the Pro Edition. You download a Timecoded CD from this site and burn onto a disc that you insert in the CD player.

You will also need a soundcard with four inputs and four outputs such as the Maya 44 usb. You can also get a midi controller as you mentioned. Not sure if the Denon has native support yet but I'm sure it will soon. You can search these forums and get lots more additional information as well. Search Timecode CD's and Midi controllers. There have been many posts on these topics. Try searching the General Discussion forum.

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:13 pm
....I try and use Maya44 soundcard, and when i select timecoded on the config, it just says "error in sound driver" but im running MAC OS X, there seems to be no driver updates on the net for osx...

Inviato Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 8:55 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
V4.3 mac dun allow u to timecoded other than using virtual vinyl card..If u own VDJ, pls register ur serial at ur modify ur page.. n grab to try the public beta.. It support more cards now.. If no, i'm sorry u have to purchase the software. Hope to see u with us soon:)

Inviato Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 9:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)