Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How to use samples as beat loops.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

The best way for me to use samples as beat loops is this.

Make sure before you record the loop, the cbg is properly set. It uses the cbg to align the beat with the current playing track. Of course, if the current playing track does not have the proper cbg alignment, It's not gonna sound right. Here's what I do.

I modified my skin with two additional buttons ( I found that assigning kbd shortcuts does not work);
btn 1 = adjust the cbg -4(right click adjust the cbg +4) as the track is playing
btn 2 = adjust the cbg -1(right click adjust the cbg +1) as the track is playing

During my mix, I have a track playing, I want to use a instrumental as a sample, I load the instrumental on deck 2 or 1, make sure the beats are matched (by listening).
Adjust the cbg so that both tracks have same cbg positions.(make sure the deck with the inst is selected.
Loop the instrumental over 16 or 32 beats and record the inst sample and you're done with the inst sample.
I load the next track and beat match it with the current playing track and adjust the cbgs to match. Now the two track and the sample can be mixed with the right cbg.

It might sound complex but it not that hard. And with VDJ's improved bpm engine, you might not have to do much. I don't beat match jingles.

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 4:14 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)