Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skin Help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is anyone in here knowledgeable about skins? I am trying to use the new MixLab 2.0..

UGH!!! OK so I have been waiting FOREVER for this skin.. now it's finally here and I get the error mentioned by a few others...
"Invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml)"

OK so in an attempt to fix it myself this is what I have done
1) Upgraded from rev4 to rev5
2) Downloaded and Installed the skin file again
3) Rebooted my computer
4) I also messed around with the files in the ZIP archive.. replacing the 2.0 xml file with the 1.3 xml file and I was able to actually get the 2.0 skin to launch. The skin looks great until I attempt to use it HaHa then when I mouseover certain aspects of the skin I see the old 1.3 stuff instead
5) I tried opening up the 2.0 xml file in Dreamweaver to see if I could maybe just edit line 0 but there is NO line 0.. it begins at line 1
How can there be an error in line 0 if there is no line 0???

PLEASE can someone help????

Thanks

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 5:12 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I think, I might be wrong though, but that line has something to do with the Virtual DJ text that has to be on all the skins. I can remember, a post about it. Skyfxl said something about it.

I will say it again, I could be wrong.

Have you tried posting something about it on the Skin page, some skin designer will be able to sort you out I think.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Jimmy b

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 6:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
line zero usualy points to a logo problem i will check this out

further for you

Inviato Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 12:18 am
OK I kinda got it working.. in the OLD 1.3 xml file.. lines 13 thru 16 look like this:
<logo>
<size width="36" height="18"></size>
<pos x="24" y="5"></pos>
</logo>

but in the NEW 2.0 xml file.. lines 13 thru 16 look like this:
<logo>
<size width="36" height="18"></size>
<pos x="32" y="10"></pos>
</logo>

So what I did was change the NEW 2.0 xml file line 14 to match that of the OLD 1.3 xml file line 14.
I am now about to launch and use the 2.0 skin but take a look at how the logo kinda overlaps where it should not :-(

Any ideas how to fix?

Inviato Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 1:07 am
I'm having the same issues....What is strange is that I had these skins working yesterday....None work today...

Mixlab 2
DAC 4.3
Vmix 5.3

They all worked...today I'm getting that line 0 error...

I'm running a 19" monitor, 1280x960 res 60 hz

with Mixlab 2....I get that error on my laptop

Help!!

Thanks

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 12:40 am
Ok Something is hokey..I changed my resolution to 1152x864...VDJ would not open......even with the default skin. I switched back to 1280x960....The turntablist skin opens but many elements are missing.....I cannot switch to the default skins...line 0 error...WTF......

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 12:46 am
So - I just closed and re-opened VDJ.....I'm stuck on the MixLite skin 1024x768...no other skin will work......

So i rebooted and now all the skins look to be working...Interesting.....

Can anyone tell us what is happenning?

Thanks

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 12:48 am
If somebody have skin CDJ 200 and DJM 400 for Virtual DJ can send me on this e-mail: --@--.--, thanks!!!

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry dj_nesh_electro no email address is allowed from a demo user

Inviato Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 7:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)