Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MK2 cannot select audio source

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

trdn89Home userMember since 2007
Hello - I bought a MK2 and am in the process of trying to get it to work, but nothing happens when I press the "Audio Source" button (meaning I'm unable to select the computer as the audio source), which I presume is the reason why I can't get it to control either VDJ or Traktor. Also I don't know if this is related or not, but whenever I try to run the MK2 Updater, it asks me to unplug and replug the USB connection, only nothing happens when I do this. I made sure to follow the directions about holding down 1-2-3 when it asked me to - it hasn't prompted me to hold anything down during any subsequent attempt. I'm on the most current versions of both the MK2 drivers and VDJ that I can find on either site (I'm running Vista, so I'm using those drivers). Any help would be appreciated.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks very much!

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 2:06 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Have you tried uninstalling the hercules software and drivers in add/remove programmes.

If you haven't I would try that and start a fresh. Try loading the herc drivers in first, then where it prompts you to plug in your console, plug it in then. I did mine that way I think. I do not like the idea of unplugging it than having to replugging back in.

Also are you using the Home version 3.4.1 (console edition) if so then you should not need to select the audio source, it should Know you are using your pc for the source, because you can't use any other audio source like TCV's as the version does not support any other.

Hope this helps

Jimmy b

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 2:42 am
trdn89Home userMember since 2007
Well, I just tried it and can't get it to work that way either - I even downloaded the drivers (and VDJ 3.4.1) fresh, and still no dice, even with the MK Updater. Also, the only lights on the console which light up when I connect it to my laptop are the Cue and play/pause buttons, although neither affect playback in any way. I know it's being recognized since I can hear audio through my headphones when I play tracks in VDJ, but I just can't control them with the MK2.

Thanks for the help

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 4:04 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Might be a silly question but do you have the sliders in the herc system tray up to full (you can find it the shortcut near the clock on the windows toolbar.

When you play audio do you get the beat indicater things flashing, It just seem stange to me that you get audio out of your headphones but not your console.

Other than that you might have you might have a faulty console.

Jimmy b

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 4:59 am
Sounds like you missed the midi driver or it did not load correctly...

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 10:45 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
trdn89 wrote :
Hello - I bought a MK2 and am in the process of trying to get it to work, but nothing happens when I press the "Audio Source" button (meaning I'm unable to select the computer as the audio source), which I presume is the reason why I can't get it to control either VDJ or Traktor. Also I don't know if this is related or not, but whenever I try to run the MK2 Updater, it asks me to unplug and replug the USB connection, only nothing happens when I do this. I made sure to follow the directions about holding down 1-2-3 when it asked me to - it hasn't prompted me to hold anything down during any subsequent attempt. I'm on the most current versions of both the MK2 drivers and VDJ that I can find on either site (I'm running Vista, so I'm using those drivers). Any help would be appreciated.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks very much!

If I had a £ for everytime I posted this??

Uninstall everything VDJ and the HERC.

Remove them from Control Panel > Hardware

When reinstalling the Herc just ignore the Vista drivers install dialog and let the HERC installer do it's thing.

I get the replug message when updating or taking my herc onto a different PC so don't worry about it

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 12:18 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)