Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External HD got ejected by VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

webe3PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi got another problem tonight. This time it was with my laptop system. I was DJing for about 2 hrs when everything froze except for the song that was playing. I noticed that my external HD was gone in the VDJ menu and I got a popup that said 'delayed write failed'. I think it may be a USB issue...but I'm gonna check here 1st. Anyone else have this problem. The Laptop is a Dell Pent 4 2.3gig processor. I think it's fast enough for non-video work...Yes....no...? Anyhow I have been using it for about a year with no problems...till rev 4. I noticed that my CPU pegs at 100% when a song loads then it settles around 35 to 40%. The external HD is a Segate 500g that I put into an enclosure for use with this laptop. I do not have USB2 on this laptop only USB1 and Firewire. The enclosure does not have Firewire so I have to just use the USB. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks Mike

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 9:40 am
webe3PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there...I forgot to post that after the crash everything on my computer locked up....I mean everything. Finally after about 3 min the computer came back to it's senses and I was able to re-start VDJ but it did not reconigize the HD so I re-started VDJ again and this time I got everything to work and I was able to finish the night. Hope someone can help with some suggestions. Thanks Again...Mike

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 7:29 pm
I Had the same problem with my external HD when using over USB1.1 solved the issue by buying a USB2 PCI card & now everything works great.
Tracks load much faster & sys. Is completely stable.

Hope this helps.

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 12:48 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
More times then not it is a cable problem. Just try replacing the USB cable and see what happens.

Chris

Inviato Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 9:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)