Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Will the plugins for mac be available soon

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

First I want to thank the teamers for releasing the beta versions...it was worth the wait....so far beta 3 has been working fine with my mp3 files and avi, mov, mpeg, and vob files.

I am a pc user as well as mac....I'm trying to switch over completely to mac but....virtual dj for mac is so far behind the pc version it's not funny.
I need the cube effect, text 2d, camera, sonique effects (clip bank doesn't work well with music video transitions) I haven't found anybody who knows where to find clip bank effects.

Does anyone know where to find better effects than the promo only effects? I would like sonique like effects.

Does anyone have any update as to when these effects will be available. If it's possible for me to try to develop these effects myself, can someone recommend a book to read or an online site to learn about programing these type of effects for mac.

maybe someone can guide be on how to reprogram an .exe file to mac .bundle. I would be glad to help for free.

I have been a mac/pc user and tech since 1994.

I'm using an intel 20" dual core 2.4 3GB ram imac.

Inviato Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 7:26 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 2:00 pm
The clip banks are no comparison to the sonique effects.

It's too bad the program has issues. This program should work the same on both platforms.

I hope that VDJ for mac will be as powerful as the pc version soon. The Mac Community is very disappointed and concerned.

We were all mislead into believing that the software was going to better for the Mac.

So far the Mac version has a long way to go. I own a Pc with an Dual AMD 2.4 2GB Ram and the VDJ program is far ahead of its' time.

It's not fair that the Mac users have limited effects and usablity for this program.

I'm not one asking for alot from the mac version. I'm just looking for test 2D, Cube and Sonique effects.

I realize that sonique effects aren't available for the Mac version and never will. So VDJ teamers should have told us that from the getgo and

created a similar program to use for the mac that creates these type of effects.

If these limitation were addressed to us Mac users....we wouldn't have bought a Mac at this time......We would have all bought new PCs.

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 5:49 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I can understand that you are eager to get your hands on a perfectly polished MAC version of VDJ, but there's no need to double-post your concern in the forum ;)
Try keeping it in on topic at the time and it'll be easier for both you and other users to follow the progress on the thread...

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 11:37 am
I'll address this by quoting my response to this same comment made by you in the other thread you created about this that k_one just pointed out:

djfrankiel wrote :
If these limitation were addressed to us Mac users....we wouldn't have bought a Mac at this time......We would have all bought new PCs.

Completely untrue and again, it's NOT Atomix's fault that anyone went out and bought a new Mac with all the threads on these Mac forums and the VDJ website in general talking about how VDJ Mac isn't finished yet in terms of being inline with VDJ windows.

Most of us have been saying, VERY CLEARLY, to buy an Intel Mac and run VDJ windows using Boot Camp IF you need to run VDJ with all of its features until VDJ Mac is as good as VDJ windows. Then you can dump windows if you want/need to, and then you'll have the best digital software on the best OS.

Also, take into consideration that although several have purchased Macs specifically to primarily run VDJ Mac, most of these people chose Mac over "windows only computers" because they just wanted better overall computers for all useage, which means they didn't want windows anymore.

It's unfortunate that some of us have to use windows for now until this happens, but as soon as VDJ Mac is inline with VDJ windows, I'll trash (recycle?...lol!) windows and all of the problem associated with it (plus, I give 32Gb's back to my Mac's hard drive).

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 10:22 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I give up!Now the moderator is double posting as well!LOL
(Just joking CQ...but you already knew that..hehe)

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 12:21 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
please bare with vdj , like I said before work is in progress to bring adons for mac , but there are a lot of skins which need to be sorted , and coding is no small task

so it will take a little while remember aslo this is a beta not a final released version it has come on leaps and bounds and will continue to do so , don't forget you can aslo use any freeframe effect or any vst effect you can learn more in the plugins forums

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 1:03 am
k_one wrote :
I give up!Now the moderator is double posting as well!LOL
(Just joking CQ...but you already knew that..hehe)

Hehe ;)

I know, but at least I acknowledged that I was double posting before I did. =P

I was only addressing is issue that I had already addressed in his other thread just in case some people read this thread and not the other one.

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 6:23 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)