Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ4.3 crashes when I push "Start" to record

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ifesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello gurus... please help. NOTE: i don't have VDJ5 installed yet.
Here is my setup:
MacBookPro,
Presonus Firebox and
Vestax PMC05 ProIII.

Both INPUT LINE 1 and 2 from the Vestax mixer are connected to OUTPUT on the firebox. The LINE OUT 1 from the vestax is connected to speakers and the LINE OUT 2 from the vestax is connect to the firebox INPUT. On the MacPro SYSTEM PREFERENCE, I selected the firebox for both the OUTPUT and INPUT.

Now when I launch VDJ and push "Start" to record my mix... the program shuts down! Please can anyone help to fix this problem. Thanks.

Inviato Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i really would recommend installing the V5 beta
it is more stable for alot of actions

even though it is refered to as a beta it is much more improved than v4

and the main problems in the beta relate to dac 3 support , so shouldnt affect you

Inviato Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 9:08 pm
thx for the prompt response skyfxl...
well... i installed VDJ5 beta 3 and still crashes. On one of the crashes , VDJ asked to enter my incense serial#.
After I entered it and tried to reload VDJ, it gives this message "Invalid skin file (error line %i in the xml)" and VDJ does not load!

Please, Now i'm paralyzed and i'm in need of help to restore the program. please HELP!

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 4:30 am
to loose the currupt settings
go to

yourcomputer/users/youname/libary/preferences

and delete the preference file

its called com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

start virtualdj then enter your serial your databases will not be damaged :)

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 2:13 pm
thx.. Took care of that.. However pls still cannot record without crashing.. I must tell that i notice:
1. that when I select 'record' tab/'config' button/record from 'line in' dial (it crashes) versus 'master' dial ( no crash)
2. In the computer system preferences/sound/input/selecting 'firewire' (crashes) vs selecting 'audio line in' (no crash)

Hence the combination of 'firewire' & VDJ's record from 'line in' dial crashes the program. Pls I believe need to do this to the output of my Vestax mixer going into my FireWire soundcard input. Pls am I doing something wrong or is there a different way to do this? Your help is appreciated.

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 6:40 pm
Hi skyfxl, i guess someone forgot about me (lol)... my problem with recording isn't resolved. please i have a few mix CDs to make but cannot because this crash pain! I will apprieciate any help from you.

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 8:45 pm
i will flag this up to the dev team

could you please help me by sending me the crash report from these crashes
?
and it will get sorted :)

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 9:13 pm
Ok... please, pardon me but how do i get the report?

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 10:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)