Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cant see 'artist' in my browser. . .

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi.

Ive created a playlist within iTunes with all my tunes, labelled and organized by artist. In VDJ when i select that iTunes playlist, only the name of the track is displayed and not the artist. 'The Game' is the only artist displayed? Very strange. Artist is enabled within the config of the browser.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 3:54 am
Anyone? I have a gig next monday and id like that to be the first time i use my laptop for my set, but i need to see the artist though. . .

Your advice is much appreciated?

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 2:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
so you are using v5 beta 3?

how did you tag these files

itunes or did you use an external aplication?

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 2:24 pm
I am using v.5 beta 3. I recorded the files into my DAW, named them 'The Fugees - Fu-Ge-Laa' for example. I them imported these files into itunes and this whole name was put into the track name column. I then put 'The Fugees' into the artist column and deleted 'The Fugees' from the track name column, added the album name and voila. . . an organised iTunes library. . .

Any ideas?

Thanks again, Ben

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 4:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do these tracks show up at all or are they just incorrect ?
if they dont show at all check that the codecs are correct for them in options

if they are wrong,
ok to my understanding this wont tag these files as such its just how they are shown in itunes i would reccomend you use

a external tagging aplicaiton to tag the tunes you have recoreded

or the browser may have difficulties getting the right names

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 7:51 pm
which external application should i use to tag all the files that ive recorded. Im on mac. What kind of tags does VDJ read? Is it ID3?

Thanks, Ben

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 11:07 pm
Dude i had the same issue. Did you turn on any hardware your useing and have it connected? That was my issue, i had the exct same problem. I started VDJ for the first time with out the hardware i was planning on using in my case an hc4500 hooked up and it wasnt happy. After weeks of screwing around, i finally un installed and and reinstalled, connected the harddrive and hardware, then started VDJ for the first time ( do not open it for the the first time with out everything connected)) and it was all there. Give it a shot man i hope you solve it, it haunted me for weeks. Good luck and let me know how you make out!

Inviato Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 9:04 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)