Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: numark tc, dj/io headphones volume is low

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

last week i had my first gig ever.... it was a 6 hour set. i found it very hard to cue my songs due to the volume problems i had on my headphones. i could hardly hear when I previewed my songs... any suggestions on how I can set it up so I can hear better?

also how much gain should I play with? meaning volume on each deck? I set it to match to 0db. and my master to max. I thought it could have been much louder. any suggestions on that too?

Inviato Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 8:30 pm
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I can't comment specifically on your use of Virtual DJ and the DJ Iio card....but I can comment that I have been using a headphone amp ever since I went digital. I find that in the nightclub atmosphere, it is necessary for me to hear what I need to in order to mix. You could probably pick up a decent one for about $100, but be careful, there are some crappy ones out there too.

My personal experience is using Traktor - have used it with many soundcards, including Emagic 2/6, Echo Indigo Card, MAudio Audiophile, and Saffire LE. My headphone amp allows me to adjust treble and bass, which is great to get the sound exactly as I want it to be in order to make my mixes perfect. After using/trying different headphones, I also like the bass response from the Sony MDR-V700 DJ phones. They don't have the best sound, meaning for pleasure listening, I would NEVER use these. But for mixing music, they seem to work the best for me. Too bad that they aren't made that well. I go through about one pair every year or so. The plastic swivel things on the side crack and break with extended use, no matter how well you take care of them....

Inviato Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 7:52 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)