Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Before going to pro...need help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey everyone,

Currently I have VDJ with the Hercules MK2 (which is the djc edition). I also have a pioneer CMX 5000 (the version prior to the 3000). If you are not familiar with the cmx 5000, it basically is similar to the old version of the tabletop pioneer 500s and 700s. However the CMX 5000 is a rackmount just like the 3000. With my CMX 5000 I have an american dj mixer all attached to a SKB case.

I am seriously thinking of getting pro and using timecoded cds. However the CMX 5000 does not scratch. I don't scratch anyway. Rather I beatmix. The jog dials on the CMX 5000 are used for finding the exact location of cue points. If I purchase the pro version of vdj and get tccd's, will I still be able to scroll through an mp3 track using those jog dials even if they are not used for scratching? If I cannot, could I use the jog dials on the mk2 to search through the tracks and use the other buttons (such as cue and play) on the CMX 5000?

Also, would I still have to use my mouse to assign looping or could that be done with the CMX 5000? The CMX 5000 does have the capability to loop on the fly.

I've been reading through a lot of the forum and I'm now ready to take my vdj to the next level. I want to continue using cd players just in case vdj crashes. And if that happens, would I just eject the timecode cd and pop in a general cd and everything would be okay? Or would I have to switch to a different input mode on the mk2?

Any and all help would be great! Thank you!!

DJ Sindhicate

Inviato Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 8:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)