Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vdj and djm 800 ???

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hi guys ...
i just want 2 ask if i can connect virtual dj to djm-800 on my laptop ???
i only have the laptop ( HP) and the mixer ... what equiment & cables do i need 2 buy??
thnx :)

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 2:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you require a midi to usb cable/dongle

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 3:14 pm
thats it ??? i dont have 2 buy 2 sound cards??

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 3:32 pm
DJHomaHome userMember since 2006
you have to buy one soundcard since your computer have a soundcard..

Then you have to get a jack -> RCA cable and connect it from the two soundcards to 2 different channels of the mixer..
go to the settings of vdj assign to play each deck from different sound card... and here it is! Voila!

you can mix the 2 songs through djm800

Just that simple!

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 3:48 pm
how to assign to play each deck from different sound card?
dj homa if i have 1 soundcard is maya44 all rca connect to djm800 and my cdj and usb of maya44 connect to my laptop is it correct?
and i have to connect midi out to my laptop one more lead right?
thank you

Inviato Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 8:51 am
st0k3dCUE userMember since 2007
I ended up saying screw it and not mess with it and just went and got Serato/Virtual Vinyl

2 cdj1000's into serato/vv box which is usb to computer, out of that box into djm800 out of djm800 to efx-1000 out to speakers

i gave it a good long though and unless im using like ableton with it, i really dont see a point of having my DJM-800 midi attached to the computer... all i can see is it causing random glitches to a perfect mixer... if there were extra midi assignable buttons on it that would be another thing.. i wanna pick up a midi touch pad for quick loop buttons and what not

Inviato Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 12:57 pm
can anyone reply me???? thank you very much

Inviato Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 5:48 pm
bigvodPRO InfinityMember since 2006
yes i believe so you need the midi wires there some dude on youtube with it he had some issues but everything worked out i use my djm600 work excellenmt with my efx500 and mk2 my next move are some cdj

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 11:30 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)