Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Time-Code "learn function"

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Deckadance has this and I think it's a brilliant idea. Sure, there's nothing really wrong with the native Time-codes, but being able to use any time-codes would be pretty good.

Inviato Fri 14 Dec 07 @ 5:29 pm
there are plug ins for VDJ Pro to run serato TCV's etc.

but that depends on what your trying to make it learn

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 4:15 pm
Sure, I guess plugins are fine, it's just that a learn function would make them unnecessary.

Picture this: you're on your way to the club and by some cruel twist of fate the edge gets snapped off one of your TCVs. You could adjust the lead time and soldier on with the busted TCV (we all know that's just not the flavour!), but another DJ playing that night also uses TCV (but form another manufacturer), so you'd like to borrow his. Trouble is, the club manager is nowhere to be seen in your time of crisis (always the way!) so you can't head up to the office and download a plugin.

Obviously it's just rookies who don't take spares (learn form my mistakes!), but a learn feature would have all bases covered.

Also, I find the Virtual DJ TCVs pretty noisy (the high pitched whine really gets to me unless the booth is loud!) and would like to see a TCV learn function so I can experiment with other brands to see if they're any quieter.

Basically this function's not really necessary if you're always near the internet, but might just save the day if you're not.

Inviato Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 12:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A learn function was recently included in the software deckadance , it was not very successful as it needed near clinical conditions to learn from the signal correctly.
Also unfortunately some manufactures forbid other softwares to use their time-codes.
All time-code records will make a similar noise as that is the vibrations of the signal which the time-code principal relies on unfortunately which cartridges do you use?

Inviato Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 4:38 pm
KhyewHome userMember since 2008
I can almost guarantee that absolute tracking cannot be established by using any auto-learn feature. The technology used to encode time-codes into a amplitude-modulated sine wave varies too much between different TCV's.

For example:
N2IT's Final Scratch time-coded vinyls use 40-bit time codes that are encoded in the peak and trough of one cycle of a sine wave. Therefore each cycle of a sine wave contains two bits of each 40-bit code. Each 40-bit code corresponds to one location on the vinyl.

Rane's Serato TCV's use a different method of encoding their timecodes. Each entire cycle of a sine wave is amplitude modulated to produce either a 1 or 0 when interpreted. Serato uses 20-bit timecodes for their vinyls, but they also use a linear feedback shift register* to create a continuous stream of 1's and 0's, of which ANY 20 sequential bits are unique and correspond to exactly one location on the vinyl.

Now try figuring out how to match timecodes to a timestamp on the vinyl simply by analyzing the waveform.

[*] http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_feedback_shift_register

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 2:27 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Khyew, you do jobs for money? Any way we can force you to become a dj mate and have you stick around...?

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 10:22 pm
hello
i have vitual pro 7 and mumark mixer , everything is good exept i cant here music on my headset for each deck individuly ,
i want to hear the othe deck music on headset sepratelly to mix to other , is that normal or wht should i do ?? please and thanks

Inviato Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 12:42 pm
You will need a sound card with atleast two stereo outputs such as Numark DJIO or Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ.

Then you can use the External Mixer option to output each deck separately to two channels of your external mixer.

You will also need VirtualDJ Professional or VirtualDJ Basic for this setup - Home FREE does not support separate deck outputs to an external mixer: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Inviato Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 1:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)