Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac Noob + VDJ Noob = Argh

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Right i bought my first mac (MacBook) a few months back, basically i was fedup of the windows system and every dj i had seen live (i mostly go to psytrance and other hard dance events) was using one. I knew they were great for production but what i realy wanted to do was get mixing. I bought my macbook and then bought VDJ online, i use a midi keyboard which i have assigned basic functions to to mix, but this is soon going to change as my midi keyboard will be used for production and i would want to dj with the hercules controller (the one that VDJ has a template, im not sure of the exact specs).
Anyway i was wondering if anyone had any REALY basic tips on how to go on with a mac with regards to VDJ and another thing is i have no idea how to make the plug-ins and sound effects and skins i download work with my mac version VDJ. The version i have is the recent BETA one 4.0 i think.
ANY help would not go amiss, i realy am struggling here, i think it is a frustrating mixture of new mac user and VDJ user but i am realy willing to learn!
thanks alot
Psytramp

Inviato Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 2:55 pm
Psytramp wrote :
Right i bought my first mac (MacBook) a few months back, basically i was fedup of the windows system and every dj i had seen live was using one (Mac).

Ain't that the truth?! ;)

First, WELCOME to both the VirtualDJ AND Mac communities Psytramp!

Good choice on choosing the best digital dj/visual turntablist software, VirtualDJ, to use with the most advanced OS in the world, Mac OS X.

The current beta of VirtualDJ Mac is version 5.0_beta3. Beta_4 should be released soon followed by a finalized VirtualDJ 5.x Mac version. As far as your questions about making the plug-ins and sound effects work on Mac, those are all written for windows currently and I believe need to be re-written for Mac by developers. That is a work in progress at the moment.

In regards to skins however, our member (and recent first time Mac purchaser as well) "skyfxl" is the person you would want to talk to about that. You can either PM him or I'm sure he'll be along shortly to help you with that. As a matter of fact, I'll PM him for you and direct him to this thread to help you out.

Again, welcome Psytramp.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Inviato Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 9:44 pm
Can he put up the serato skin for vdj for a mac?

i wanted to get the serato look :) but stay loyal to vdj!

Is there a way for me to get that skin on my mac?

Inviato Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 11:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
please sent me via private message your email adress

and i will send it to you

Inviato Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 3:38 am
Thanks for the warm welcome guy, i will keep my ear to the ground regarding plug-ins and effects etc.
Look forward to getting started Dj'ing and hopefully Vj'ing finally!
Does anyone know any good clip banks for finding clips to mix?
Cheers
Psytramp

Inviato Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 11:12 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)