Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PLEASE HELP!!!! DJC edition version 3.4 headphone set-up

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I want to do my own mix cd's. With my Hercules mk1 plugged into my laptop, I then use a channel splitter from the headphone port to have main deck playback through my stereo and headphones to mix the next track.

However, everytime I press the headphone button on the mk1 both decks are audible through the stereo. How can I correct this?

Can any one advise me if I can use the headphone setup with my laptop and the mk1? If so, how do I set up my equipment and configuration?

Please help

Thanks

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 6:46 pm

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 6:51 pm

you mean MK1 (has built in soundcard) or MP3 Console (no soundcard) ?

And, what version of VDJ?

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 7:30 pm
ok ;)

that version is limited to ONE soundcard support.

For headphone prelisten to work, that ONE soundcard, need to be a 4.1/5.1 soundcard (surround) or similar that has at least two stereo outs.
Such a card might be a decent usb surround card

When you get this, you can have master out at channel 1/2 and prelisten at rear output

I dont think your version support stereo split (split one stereo signal, to two mono), if thats what you are trying

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 7:47 pm
It will work in your console version if you want to have a master out, and be able to prelisten at the other channel out.

If you need to connect the outputs to an external mixer (two seperate outs, one for each deck), you need to upgrade to pro.

(btw, upgrading to pro, for other reasons is recommended, as it has far better features)

Anyways, it will work fine in your version if you only want master out, and prelisten to headphones, directly from soundcard.

Any surrround soundcard will do actually, but known brandnames offer better soundquality.

Soundblaster offers some good cards at a nice price, such as Soundblaster Live

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 8:14 pm
Many thanks for your help!!!!

CHEERS!

Inviato Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 8:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)